Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 24th April 2004, 06:01

LittleJohn is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan4c2, Baan Vc - DB: SQL 2000, 7.0 - OS: Win 2003, Win2K Adv Server
Question Planned Order Quantities

Hi All,

When using Standard Items(tiitm0101m000) in Baan IVc2, the systems lets you plan & control the min/max quantities, Fixed order Quantities.. etc, that the planning engine will look at, to create the planned orders and their planned qty.

But, When using customized items(tipcs2121m0000), there is no such functionality.
(To not complicate the matter… lets say this is a brand new project & and you are creating 3 sales orders of qty of 10, 15 & 20. PRP will create planned production orders for the same quantities.. basically doesn’t let you control the min/max qty.
We want to create orders with quantities based on min/max functionality).

We thought it might be fixed in BaanVc version since customized items and standard items are in the same table. Since there is only one planning engine, it should be taken care of.

Consider an item that has no project in tcibd0501m000 (a standard item), and go to the Item Ordering Data (tcibd2100s000).. you can access the Min/Max fields (Order Qty settings) and control what MRP picks up to create the planned orders & respective quantities.
When you try to see these fields for a customized item, they are all disabled. Baan V still does not let you control these values for customized items.
If you notice there is no separate PROJECT field anywhere on the form (its part of the Item field segment). When I checked the tcibd001 table, there is a separate project field (cprj). This field gets populated whenever you enter a project for the item. This field controls the accessibility to the Min/Max fields in the Item Ordering Data.
The moment you empty the ‘cprj’ field from the table (ttaad4100), the session lets you access these fields.
I don’t have scripts with me…but am sure there is a condition which checks if this field is empty or not.

Scenario :
Since I cannot control the min/max quantities for the MRP orders of cust. items, I would like to change the MRP generated planned order quantities based on the existing SFC orders, sales backlog and other criteria. (The min/max qty will be decided based on a few customized fields)

I’m new to BaanVc & I would like to know what all tables are populated by the MRP engine and in which tables the planned orders are created.

All suggestions are welcome as to how to approach this problem.
Thanks a lot guys

Regards
Little John
Old 24th April 2004, 13:43

Janneman is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton3, B40, B50, B52 - DB: Oracle, Informix, DB2, MSSQL, BIASAM - OS: Unix - MS-server
Hi Little John,

when talking about project items and standard items, we are talking about custom specific items and anonymous items.
With customer specific items you do not want to order with a minimum or maximum, right? These are also buying or make once. You just want the quantity you need as it is customer specific and not usable for other customers.

That’s different with anonymous items that can be used for all orders. Can be ordered more as once, then you want a min/max order quantity, economic qty, safety stock, reorderpoint etc.

Kind regards,
Old 24th April 2004, 19:20

Question

Thnks for your response.

The custom specific items that we make are based on a contract (read as project) that goes on for years. There will be multiple sales orders on the same project. So, it cannot be a one-time deal.
We even manufacture sub-assemblies (which itself is a customized item) that can be allocated to various projects that roll-up into the main project.
(Easy to roll-up costs per contract, project, cust etc etc)

Hence, Keeping track of our requirement, we cannot use all these as standard/anonymous items.

This is the reason why I'm looking to correct the planned order quantities. I would like to know what all tables are populated by the MRP engine and in which tables the planned orders are created.

Thanks guys

Regards
Little John
Old 26th April 2004, 18:55

Paul Eden is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc2, IVc4, 5.0c, LN6.1 FP3 - DB: various - OS: various
I believe there is a flag in the PRP session to check stock. If its flipped, and there is stock available, then it will draw the product from stock. Why not build these as stock items using MRP and draw to the project as you need them?

Paul
Old 26th April 2004, 19:15

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply

If I consider a case of having sales order for 100 pieces, then the planning engine will create only one planned production order for 100 parts.
(presuming there is nothing in stock).
If I had the ability to give values in the min/max, order interval or fixed order qty, then the planning engine should create multiple production orders (planned) with varying quantities.
This is what i'm trying to achieve by hoping to modify the planned orders. So I would like to know which tables does the planning engine fill up, apart from the cprrp100/110.

All help is appreciated. Thanks

Regards
LittleJohn
Old 26th April 2004, 22:54

jcorwine is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 5c - DB: Informix - OS: Unix
We have exactly the same situation as you.
A project may span more than a year and be several deliveries on multiple sales orders. In addition we have projects (using the same base items) that overlap in time.
And, as you have found, BaaN does not apply any ordering parameters to planning of customized items. This caused us the most problems in planning shop work, since the resulting orders were invariably smaller than our economic order quantity.
Life would be grand if you could plan and manufacture only standard items and distribute those to projects as required. But, I suspect you cannot, just as we could not, because of financial reporting requirements [particularly for government contracts].
After struggling with trying to manually plan, we finally resorted to a customization to aggregate planned manufacturing orders for customized items, applying the ordering parameters set for the standard item.
Obviously you have to look at cprrp100 and 110 – Planned Orders and Planned Order lines. Two other tables that get affected are cprrp010 – Planned Inventory Movements by Item [watch out here since this table only includes the plan item code and not the item number] and cprrp 200 - Planned Capacity Use by Order. On our first pass at the customization the authors deleted the old planned orders, but neglected to delete the corresponding entries in these tables and replace with new.
If you would like – send a private message with your phone number and we can talk about it.
Regards
Old 27th April 2004, 09:38

Janneman is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton3, B40, B50, B52 - DB: Oracle, Informix, DB2, MSSQL, BIASAM - OS: Unix - MS-server
Hi guys, I still do not understand why choosen for above solution with all disadvantages.
Wasn't the standard "Repetitive Manufacturing" module not usable in your situation?
This has all functionality wanted. Just do not know if it works with pcf too. At least it does not work in combination with SCS-Scheduler.
Old 28th April 2004, 01:02

ChrisH is on a distinguished road
Why not use a dummy item at the top level just to let prp generate the demand then control the supply using mrp by linking a production bom below ?
Old 2nd June 2004, 19:39

Hutje33 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV / V - DB: Several - OS: Unix/NT
Here's another suggestion:
when an item is sold more then once, there's another table to be used: standard items
But serious now: please be aware of the fact that the PCS-module is ment for use in a project environment, where you're working in a real ETO/MTO-organization. For keeping your flow as optimized as possible, I would check the possibility to create the items as anonimous........

take care,
Hutje
Sponsored Links