Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 13th April 2004, 17:34

Mick Andrus is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan Vc0 - DB: Oracle - OS: AIX
Question Items not generating planning signals

I'm looking for some insights on methods used in Baan Vc0 in EP's generation of planning signals as see in the RAO module.

We have many items which should be generating signals to reschedule planned purchase orders and purchase orders but signals are not being generated by EP.

I'm investigating the item setups but so far I don't see anything unusual about these items. We have thousands of items which are generating signals correctly.

If you know which fields in which tables must be set for EP to generate signals, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
Old 13th April 2004, 21:56

hexagenia is on a distinguished road
Baan: All - DB: All - OS: All
Simple things first...

Are you limiting the quantity of signals you are viewing?

Are your signals not appearing becasue of restrictions based on quantifiers?

Are you ignoring signals of this type or for this item?
Old 14th April 2004, 20:39

tomlbacon is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc and Baan V - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
EP Signals

Item Ordering Data should have Order System as Planned and if use Order Interval it should be populated. If Purchase should have Supply Time in Item Purchase Data. If Manufacter should have Order Lead Time in Item Production Data. Item Planning Data you need to determine if you are using Order Based/Master Based Planning, Time Fences and Order Horizion and if Master Based Planning Horizon and other information on the Master Plan Tab. You may also need to check the Item Supplier Information to see if it's populated correctly and that the Lead Times are Calculated there. Buyer/planner code should be populated in Item Purchase, Item supplier and Item Planning Data.

In session cpra01110m000 Signal types by Planner we use the blankd planner code as the default. Here you can change some of the setting on you signals.

This should be the only fields required to generated signals when you update the scenario and asked for update signals by Item/Planner.

If you have a specific question send me a private message and I will get back with you.