Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 26th February 2004, 13:35

RobertB is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 5.0c, sp15 - DB: MS SQL Server 7, sp3 - OS: Win XP + 2000, RedHat 7.3
bwprint - set font

Hi all,

I have created a report where I'm using a company logo in a font. This font is assigned to User Font 1 and works fine when tested on my machine.

Then, I go to a user's machine, install the font, start the report in preview and right-click on the area/single character representing the logo. All the options are grayed out - this user cannot change the font or choose a replacement font anywhere in this (or any other) report!

Thinking that it might be a user-rights thing, I logged onto my machine (Win 2000) with this user's login and, as this user, I can change the font.

So, I reckon it must either be a local bwprint issue, or a "user-rights" issue on this users' machine (Win XP). But where do I look?

HYCH,
Robert
Old 26th February 2004, 15:00

GaryEd is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4 sp 30 - DB: SQL 2008 R2 - OS: Windows 2008 R2
bw version?

Does the users machine have an older version of the BW client? I remember running into this problem and updating the client was the solution.
Old 26th February 2004, 15:15

Baan: Baan 5.0c, sp15 - DB: MS SQL Server 7, sp3 - OS: Win XP + 2000, RedHat 7.3
Thanks for the quick reply Gary - I just talked with our systems guy, and he says definitely, yes, many users have different versions of bwprint and he's in the process of updating these. Now why couldn't he have mentioned that this morning when I told him of this problem?

I'll try updating this user's version tomorrow and try it again...

Robert
Old 26th February 2004, 15:38

gentercz is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IVc4 Sp19 - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: HP-UX 11 / WIN
check registry

Hi Robert,

check registry keys on your machine for baan bw:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\BwPrint\Fonts

maybe you have to install this to your colleges pc.

jochen
Old 26th February 2004, 18:03

Hi Jochen (Servus!)

Yes, this was one of the first things I thought of, and I discussed it with the systems guy, but he reminded me of the differences between my OS and that of this, and many other, of our users (NT4 thro' to XP). So, a direct export/import of Registry settings will not always work. Sure, I could manually edit those settings on the user's machine, but it's best left to bwprint itself to alter these settings - and in any case, we're working on an approach of script-driven, system-wide, updates of stuff like bwprint...

Isn't working with so-called "computers" fun ?

Robert
Sponsored Links
Old 28th February 2004, 19:22

OK, I've since found out it's not the bwprint version - it's a Win XP thing. If the user doesn't have superuser rights, HE/SHE CAN'T CHANGE/CHOOSE THE FONTS IN BWPRINT - probably since bwprint writes its' settings to the registry. This is definitely a Baan "feature"!

Maybe it's about time bwprint stored settings to a table or INI file on Win platforms...

Robert