Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 27th October 2003, 17:43

dkulikow is on a distinguished road
Question Supply Chain Purchase Schedules

We have Baan 4c4 NAS0. We have been using supply chain sales and shipping schedules for a couple of years now. We are wanting to start using the purchase and delivery schedules in supply chain. I have added the contract and purchase schedule as well as the delivery schedule. However, I do not see these requirements after running MPS/MRP. Can anyone tell me why? I was wondering if there was a parameter or something that I could be missing. It seems strange that it will not generate any planning based on and/or using the purchase schedule entered.

If anyone has any recent documents on supply chain purchase schedules, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 27th October 2003, 19:43

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Did you set Auto Generate DLS to "yes" on form 9 of the Purchase Contract?

There are several threads that discuss purchase contracts and generating purchase delivery schedules. One is http://www.baanforums.com/baanboard/...e+contract+MRP

Other threads can be found by using the "Search" function.

Scott
Old 27th October 2003, 21:47
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
this document might help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf purchase schedules.pdf (152.8 KB, 112 views)
Old 27th October 2003, 22:29

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Darren,

Thank you! My dominant Baan persona is Finance -- I'm pretty sure that I have a hard copy for NASCAR Supply Chain but I don't think I have soft copy to attach.

Scott
Old 28th October 2003, 16:17

Purchase Schedules

Thank you both for your quick responses and helpful tips. However, I am still unsuccessful in getting our Purchase Schedules to plan. I've tried regen's, net change on my item....I've answered yes to only gen DLS question. I don't have this supplier set up in supply chain. I wouldn't think I would have to, but could this be my problem. I do have the supplier master all at "post" for the different messages.

Again thanks!
Old 29th October 2003, 23:01
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
couple of questions

if you use the session maintain purchase schedules are you able to manually enter the requirements.

check planned mrp purchase orders, if the demand is not appearing in the schedules, are planned purchase orders being created instead.

is it possible that there are already enough purchase orders on the system for the current demand that no further reguirement is being generated.
Old 30th October 2003, 14:03

Purchase Schedules

I got it to work yesterday!!!! Thanks for everyone's help. It wound up being that the contract originally set up didn't have a total contract quantity. It had a one in it. I changed that to 9999999 and MRP worked as it should have. I had a feeling it was going to be something like this. Which was quite frustrating.

Hopefully, someone down the road can learn from our mishap.

Thanks again everyone!!!