Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 12th September 2003, 10:21
Guru

learner is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
Talking Help File status

Hello,

We have loaded BaaN IV c4 on win NT 4.0 with IN5 ( India Localisation ), now for standard VRC i have created a paackage combination with the name B40c4STD and for my India localisation we have created package combination as B40c4IN5

Now if i execute or try to see help for any standard session , it shows me the help for that, but if try to see INdia Localisation related field level help , then it doesn't shows me.

I went to session ttadv5240m000 (Create Windows Help), and saw that my package combination B40c4STD has been listed there and all the package r listed below them where the help file status is INITIAL, then i saw for my India Localsiation package comb. for this also the same help status is shown there as INITIAL.

Only tools package it is showing the help status as COMPILE.

now my question is :
1)why does field level help doesn't come for India Localisation ?? and why it comes for STANDARD Package comb. ??

2) Although i selected one of the package i.e. td and clicked on Generated, it changed the status of td package from INITIAL to GENERATED after processing for some time , it seems that now I have to compile it too.

from where can i download this Microsoft Help authoring tool... anybody knows the exact path ???

My user is not using Windows help file format, rather he is using BaaN runtime or baan format

Am i going in right direction ???

Regards

Learner
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd September 2003, 14:51

Warans is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: Informix - OS: Unix / Win 2000
which help ?

Are you talking about baan windows help or baan (ascii) help...

After patching the localized objects (IN5), I hope you might have created RDD for help also..Even then are you facing problem ?

Have you checked all the components' help details ?
Old 22nd September 2003, 18:05
Guru

learner is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
Well

Well after i posted i figured out that it was windows help whose status was shown as INITIAL.... so i think i have to generate the help and then compile it using Microsoft Workshop Help.. but one more problem is that when i select the Module i.e. Menu such as Central Excise which is under distribution ( INDIA LOCALISATION Module ) and i click on Centre Excise and then on Find Help on , it doesn't display the help for this module.....

what should i do ??

Regards

Learner