Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Project & Services

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 27th August 2003, 19:11

Veronica is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP - DB: NT - OS: NT
set up service order as costed

Hello everybody,

I have a doubt at Baan ERP 5c:
Suppose a service order with one activity which has "configuration change method" as "install".
System does not allow to set the activity status to "costed" if "configuration change" has not been processed, but, service order can be set as costed directly without perform change at the configuration. When doing it from service order, qüestion tssocs2100 is asked to user in order to continue with the process to update status to "costed" without processing "activity change".

Our customer asks for the same functionality when changing service order status if activity has not been changed.
I have never worked before with this process.
Is this the standard functionality? Do you think the customer is right?

thanks in advance
Veronica
Sponsored Links
Old 28th August 2003, 00:04
Guru

EdwinvdBorg is on a distinguished road
Baan: 2.2, 3.1, b40, b50, b51, ERP LN FP3, ERP LN FP7, ERP LN 10.2.1 - DB: ALL - OS: ALL
It should work from the service order activity as well

Hi Veronica,

As stated by your customer and given the scenario you described earlier the system should also give the message tssocs2100 in case the service order activity (with the field 'Change Method' set to "Install") is set to "Costed" and no installation has been performed yet.
In fact from the service order activity a new message should come up after you have answered 'Yes' to message tssocs2100.
This next message is tssocs2075 (All lines for the order are costed. Change order status to Costed?). If you click "Yes" here as well the status of the service order itself is changed automatically.

Of course you can also change the status of the service order to "Costed" after message tssocs2100 at the service order level.

I tested your scenario on our machine and the system does exactly the way I just described it.

Since you are not getting the message tssocs2100 at the service order activity level I advise you to find out whether you are using the latest object of tssoc2110. Make sure you have installed the latest patch from BAAN Support for session tssoc2110s000.

Let us know if this worked for you and if you have any other questions please put them on BaanBoard.

Regards,

Edwin
Old 28th August 2003, 16:57

Veronica is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP - DB: NT - OS: NT
Hi Edwin,

thanks for your help.
I have asked customer to check again his process in order to test same messages at both levels.

best regards
Veronica