Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 1st March 2002, 14:56

kamran is on a distinguished road
Baan: c4 -
Unhappy Approve Purchase Invoice

Hi all

Can someone explain to me how the approval for a purchase invoice knows which Goods Recieved Not Yet Invoiced(GRNI) account to use? The reason I ask is the approval session is now doing approvals to a different GRNI account even thought the Purchase receipt is diffeent to this account.

thanks

Kam
Old 1st March 2002, 16:33

Guzzisto is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
The ledger account "Registered Purchase Invoices" used for this purpose is set in the Financial Customer Group.

The receipt is posted to the GRINYA account.

During Approval of the invoice (after matching), the leac "Registered Purchase Invoices" and the GRINYA account are posted against each other.
Old 1st March 2002, 16:42

Multiple GRNI accounts

Hi

But how does the system know which GRNI account to use when there are multiple GRNI accounts?

thanks

Kam
Old 1st March 2002, 16:55

The GRINYA account is derived from the WOH ledger scheme, in session tdinv8150m000.

Check the transactions Purchase / Receipt for the material cost components and find it on the Credit side.
It is also posted on Purchase Result, this time on the Debit side.
Old 1st March 2002, 17:14

Hi

What is strange is that the account setup in tdinv8150m000 is correctly shown by the purchase receipt of an order, however when the approval is done it does not go against this GRNI account shown in GLD410 but against a different GRNI not shown against that order receipt.

regards

Kam
Old 1st March 2002, 18:59

Now that's IMO done through the ledger accounts per financial supplier group. Check session tfacp0110m000 and it's sub-session tfacp0111s000 for the ledger accounts. Page down twice and the 10th row in total is the one you're looking for.

'njoy your weekend!
Old 2nd March 2002, 06:04

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Kam,

You’ve probably resolved the issue from Guzzisto’s replies. If you still seem to have a problem, try stepping through the procedure again making notes as you go.

Purchase/Receipt:
Debits an inventory account and a GRNI (Goods Received Not Invoiced) account as defined in tdinv850 (tdinv8150m000) at the time of receipt.

Supplier Invoicing (matched to Purchase Order) consists of three steps:
1. Invoice Registration:
Credits AP Control account and debits Invoice Receipts account as defined by the Financial Supplier Group (tfacp0111s000, Maintain Ledger Accounts by Financial Supplier Group)
2. Invoice Matching:
No financial transactions generated but the match updates fields in tfacp200, tdpur045 and tdpur046.
3. Invoice Approval:
Credits Invoice Receipts account as defined by the Financial Supplier Group (tfacp0111s000, Maintain Ledger Accounts by Financial Supplier Group) and debits GRNI account as defined in tdinv850 (tdinv8150m000) at the time of approval.

The GRNI account for Purchase/Receipt and Invoice Approval should be the same because both are read from tdinv850. I am sure that the GNRI account used in AP Invoice Approval is not read from tfgld410.

If the GNRI accounts at the two steps are not the same, look for changed master data:
  • Were any changes made to the accounts mapped in tdinv850? Especially look for changed specifications by FSG, Warehouse, Item Group, Item or Cost Price Component.
  • If you do specify accounts by Warehouse, Item Group, or Cost Price Component, check to see if the Item Group was changed on the Item Master between the time of receipt and the time of approval. Supplier, Item, Warehouse and Cost Price Component are all recorded in the receipt table (tdpur045). Item Group, however, is not posted to tdpur045 (or to tfgld410) – it must be looked up from the Item Master.

If none of this resolves it, follow Guzzisto’s advice to “'njoy your weekend!” and we’ll regroup on Monday.

Scott
Old 4th March 2002, 10:18

invoice approval

Hi

I have looked at the sysem and found no changes made for Tdinv850 with regards the account postings for GRNI account. The posting is for a Purchase Direct Delivery and not done by item or warehouse, therefore I do not understand why the GRNI account is different when the invoice approval is done if it should be picking it up from tdinv850.

regards

Kam
Sponsored Links
Old 4th March 2002, 15:08

Kam,

Monday already!

Because it's a Direct Delivery order, I assume that you're are looking in each case at the tdinv850 entries for Purchase/Receipt (Direct Delivery) not Purchase/Receipt?

Is the same GRNI account specified for these two combinations of transaction origin and financial transaction?

If the GRNI account for Receipt (Direct Delivery) is different, is the supplier's invoice being matched to receipts against multiple POs, some Direct Delivery and some not?

(I realize this shouldn't make a difference -- the GRNI account recorded in gld410 at receipt should be the same as at approval -- I'm just looking for clues.)

Scott
Old 5th March 2002, 10:08

Hiya

I have been looking at the Purchase Receipt(DD) in tdinv850 for the ledger account, we have different ledger accounts defined for a normal Purchase Receipt transaction.

Also checked the suppliers invoice is only matched to the one Purchase Order however as you say this should not make a difference.

Anything else you can think of before I contact Baan Support?

Thanks

Kam
Old 5th March 2002, 12:15

julisb is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix, NT
Dear Kamran,

if you have a look on the related purchase order receipt in tfgld106 is it the same account in credit, as your approval account in debit?

Regards, Juli

--------------------
The illusion of our life is, that the next hour is not the last one.
Old 5th March 2002, 12:21

[quote]Originally posted by Scott2001
[b]Kam,

3. Invoice Approval:
Ledger Accounts by Financial Supplier Group) and debits GRNI account as defined in tdinv850 (tdinv8150m000) at the time of approval.

... that's not correct, in Baan IVc4.

Regards Juli

--------------------
Old 5th March 2002, 15:13

Hi

I hav checked GLD106 and it is showing the same account as the purchase receipt Direct delivery is showing in GLD410.

Also we are using Baan IV/c4 what is different about the approval in this version?

thanks

Kam
Old 5th March 2002, 15:27

Dear Kam,

I think that when you match the receipt to the invoice, the system looks which GRINYA was used in the receipt and then the approval is done with the same account.

Concerning IVc4 I only mentioned it because what was told is not correct concerning this version, it might be correct in a previous version, but I am not sure about.

Regards, juli

--------------------
Old 6th March 2002, 18:08

Hi Kam & Juli,

Regarding Juli’s reply:
3. Invoice Approval:
Ledger Accounts by Financial Supplier Group) and debits GRNI account as defined in tdinv850 (tdinv8150m000) at the time of approval.
... that's not correct, in Baan IVc4.

Juli is right! I stand corrected.

I don't have current access to source code to confirm where/when the system is retrieving the GRNI account for ACP approvals but system behavior can be tested easily by first receiving goods against a PO, posting the receipt to finance and then changing the GRNI account in tdinv850, entering a purchase invoice, matching it against the receipt and approving it. I did some testing in IVc4 and all but one scenario produced the desired GRNI for the approval transaction. See below for test results.

Bottom line is that that Kam has checked everything that has been suggested and still has a situation where the GRNI account that is credited for a specific purchase receipt is not the same as the GRNI account that is debited when a purchase invoice that has been matched to that receipt is approved. I would not be the least bit hesitant to call Baan Support at this point.

My apologies for the incorrect information. I didn’t think the GRNI account for the original receipt was being dynamically checked/used in the match/approve process because it is not available from the primary tables that Baan uses and updates during matching (tdpur041, tdpur045, tdpur46 and tfacp200). When I looked into this area several years ago, I had to review source code on one system but do controlled testing on another. My focus at that time, however, was on developing detail from unmatched and partially matched receipts to support the GNRI ledger balances, not on the approval transactions. I’d have to look in old records, but it probably was IVb2 or IVc2. Like Juli, I don’t think there have been major changes to the underlying process in IVc4.

Here are summarized results of some tests I did last night in IVc4. (please note that I only tested normal purchase order receipts, not direct deliveries.)

Scenario 1:
  • Confirmed that the tdinv850 setup for a Purchase/Receipt should credit account GRNI-1. (The entry was not further defined by FSG, Warehouse, Item Group or Item.)
  • Entered a one-line purchase order for Item-A, received against it, posted integration transactions and confirmed credit to GRNI-1 account in tfgld410/417 and tfgld102.
  • Inserted a new record in tdinv850 to change the credit account for a purchase receipt of Item-A to GRNI-2.
  • Entered a purchase invoice, matched it to the receipt and approved it.
  • Checked non-finalized and confirmed that the approval transaction relieved account GRNI-1, the same as on the receipt.

Scenario 2:
  • Reset tdinv850 so that a Purchase/Receipt should again credit account GRNI-1. (The entry was not further defined by FSG, Warehouse, Item Group or Item.)
  • Entered a two-line purchase order (each line for the same item).
  • Received against the first line, posted integration transactions and confirmed credit to GRNI-1 in tfgld410/417 and tfgld102.
  • Inserted a new record in tdinv850 to change the credit account for a purchase receipt of Item-A to GRNI-2.
  • Received against the second line, posted integration transactions and confirmed account GRNI-2 in tfgld410/417 and tfgld102.
  • Entered a purchase invoice, matched it to the both receipts and approved it.
  • Checked non-finalized transactions and confirmed that accounts GRNI-1 and GRNI-2 were properly relieved by the approval.

Scenario 3:
  • Reset tdinv850 so that a Purchase/Receipt should credit account GRNI-1. (The entry was not further defined by FSG, Warehouse, Item Group or Item.)
  • Entered a one-line purchase order for Item-A, received against it, but did not post integration transactions so that GRNI-1 account was not yet identified in tfgld410/417.
  • Entered a purchase invoice, matched it to the receipt and approved it. The approval transaction relieved account GRNI-1.
  • Posted integration transactions for the receipt. The receipt credited GRNI-2 but the approval had debited GRNI-1.

The result in Scenario 3 is similar to Kam’s problem. Without source code, I would only be guessing at how Baan selects the GRNI account for the approval. It does raise a question, however: is there any chance that for your Direct Delivery orders, the timing is such that the supplier invoice and approval transactions are entered before the integration transactions for the receipt are posted to finance? Also, is this a consistent problem, or an occasional one?

Scott