Which I use every day
In addition to being a powerful SQL worksheet with edit capability, DIM is a tool for converting or sharing data between different databases or within the same database. Applications for DIM may be:
1. View information from the database using SQL statements, like a SQL worksheet presenting the data in a grid.
2. Use action Queries as UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE, DROP, CREATE etc.
3. Save the SQL statements for later use.
4. Edit or add directly in the database through the worksheet grid that is showing data based on a SQL statement.
5. Copy data from the worksheet grid to a spreadsheet program like Excel.
6. Copy/Insert data from one table/query/view to another, internally or between different database.
7. Edit/Update data in one table/query/view based on data from another, internally or between different database.
8. Use a scheduler that executes integration jobs, like 6 and 7 above, at defined times.
9. Compare differences between tables/queries/views.
10. Create Views on an Oracle Db. Test the SQL syntax by Execute SQL, give the View a name and decide if it shall be Read Only.
11. Rebuild Oracle Indexes Easily.
12. Paste into Oracle or Other DB's from Excel, by using the Grid below.