Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Verticals

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
When will you move your ERP to the cloud?
We are on the cloud already!
25%
Next year
8%
from 2-3 years
5%
from 4-5 years
18%
Never!
45%
Total votes: 40

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 18th November 2002, 09:22

barneveld is on a distinguished road
Question Baan solution for healthcare?

Did anybody hear about a Baan offer for the healthcare sector?

Thanks in advance,
Barneveld
Old 18th November 2002, 10:15
Guru

Han Brinkman has a spectacular aura aboutHan Brinkman has a spectacular aura about
Baan: All - DB: Oracle/ms-sql/db2 - OS: *nix/windows
Hiscom

Found on the web (sorry for the fact that's in dutch but if your name is Barneveld you probably can read it):

Auteur: marcel
Datum: 25-06-02 11:13

Ik werk met een door Hiscom aangepaste versie van BAAN 5.0b. Het specifiek bedoeld voor facility management (beheer apparatuur, logistiek en bijbehorende financien) in de zorginstelling waar ik werk. Zijn er nog meer gebruikers van een soortgelijk systemen.?
Wat zijn de ervaringen

Kind regards,
Han
Old 18th November 2002, 10:54

Thanks a lot Han, I think I understood that message, but I was wondering if Baan has something like "mySAP Healthcare" package:
- Manage and coordinate patient care, from pre-registration and bed assignments to patient education
- Access Web-enabled functions for patient management, diagnostics, and therapy
- Assess caseloads, develop and implement treatment strategies, and document clinical care
- Communicate online with providers, payers, patients, general practitioners, hospitals, and suppliers
- Take advantage of powerful data warehousing features for target planning, resource costing, case costing, and outcome management
- Focus customer relationship management on patients, external physicians, employees, donors, and other key customers

At least that's what they claim they have (I didn't test it myself, it's only what I read about it).
Anyway, I think there are some areas that Baan didn't reach although it could have done it, is healthcare one of those?
Can it be easily extended, customized to reach the required functionality?

Thanks again,
Barneveld
Old 18th November 2002, 12:40
Guru

OmeLuuk is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN 6.1 10.2.1 - DB: MS SQL2008 - OS: VM WindowsServer2008R2
I do know a bit of Baan, and I think the data model of a hospital or in general a healthcare organisation is quite different from that of a manufacturing company or related. Some parts you mention are more or less mappable to Baan data model, but others will need quite heavy adaptations. I am not in Baan Development, but I think it is too much to state that it can be done easily...
Old 18th November 2002, 12:59

Based on the first reply from Han I put google at work and found out the next lines:

"Dinsdag 9 juni 1998

Vandaag maakt Baan Investment BV bekend dat overeenstemming is bereikt over de overname van Hiscom, een vooraanstaande softwareleverancier binnen de gezondheidszorg in Nederland. Het bedrijf heeft 40 procent van de Nederlandse ziekenhuizen als klant voor software en diensten. De naam van Hiscom BV zal gewijzigd worden naar Baan Healthcare Solutions BV. Otto van der Tang wordt de chef. "

I guess this idea went off or, postponed due to the '98 reorganisation.

Perhaps the TopTier's fate?

Best regards,
Barneveld
Old 18th November 2002, 18:27
Guru

EdwinvdBorg is on a distinguished road
Baan: 2.2, 3.1, b40, b50, b51, ERP LN FP3, ERP LN FP7, ERP LN 10.2.1 - DB: ALL - OS: ALL
BAAN Healthcare is in "the fridge"

Hi Barneveld,

Like with many good ideas BAAN decided to stop developing a bunch of new solutions somewhere in 1998 when things started to get really difficult for them.
Solutions for healthcare, banking and MRO (=maintenance for airplanes) were put in the fridge (as we say in NL).
These are still on the shelf and in some cases (like MRO) BAAN may consider to continue with them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Edwin
Old 18th November 2002, 19:18

guido_heinz is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IV -
Thumbs up BAAN Helthcare

Hi,

we are working in Germany at 2 Hospitals which have BAAN IV c 4 in Live. This Customers working with the Finance and Distribution Modul !! I Know also a Hospital in Luxembourg which work with BAAN IV c 4.

For any Kind of Information, do not hesitate to Contact me.

Kind Regards

Guido
Old 19th November 2002, 08:27

Many thanks Edwin, Guido.

I found out that Hiscom was bought by Torex PLC in September last year and here's what they say (among other things):

"Hiscom's current hospital solution is based around its V2 product range. V2 is an extremely functionally rich, comprehensive and stable solution and is installed in the majority of Hiscom's customers. Hiscom is well advanced in the development of V5, a successor suite of products to V2, which is based on modern technology with an emphasis on clinical rather than patient management and administrative functionality. Hiscom's V5 solution is complemented by the use of leading partner products, such as UltragendaTM appointment scheduling system, PeoplesoftTM human resources systems and a Hiscom customised healthcare logistics system based on BaanTM logistics."

Best regards,
Barneveld
Old 10th February 2004, 13:33

Sakhnini is on a distinguished road
Need more info

Can somebody who has information about these Baan installations in hospitals contact me?

Thanks

Sakhnini
Old 10th February 2004, 16:20

hexagenia is on a distinguished road
Baan: All - DB: All - OS: All
Healthcare and Baan

I am also curious about this vertical.

We are currently in the selection process and leaning towards Lawson. I know Baan very well and can say that Lawson can't compare in terms of basic functionality.

It seems that the perception is that Lawson is the 'healthcare solution' kind of like Baan is the 'aerospace' or 'electronic contract manufacturing' solution. Despite what the folks selecting the software say, very little is different in terms of required functionality. People get caught up in the marketing hype and not the core functionality, as they should.

If anyone has experience with Baan in a healthcare setting, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:27

jrbledsoe001 is on a distinguished road
Baan: 10 - DB: SQL - OS: Microsoft
Hello, I am brand new to the forum. If anyone is doing Infor LN for Healthcare would you ping me?