Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
30%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
10%
1500 - 2000 GB
13%
> 2000 GB
20%
Total votes: 30

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 12th February 2009, 06:09
Guru

avpatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3 - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Win 2003
Eror message while closing year
Baan: Other/Unknown

Hi,
I ma getting error message when running close year session

Message- Ledger Balance for 2010 does not tally with dimension combination:batch aborted

I have checked tables tfgld201, tfgld202 and tfgld205 for the ledger and all the dimensions and they all are tallying upto cents. I have also checked the transaction totals from tfgld106 ant it is also matching.

What could be the reason?

Also, for year 2008 all the period are at status "Finally closed". Can I run the session rebuild ledger history now for year 2008?

Arvind Patil
Old 12th February 2009, 07:07

Rajhyd is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan4,5, LN - DB: db - OS: unix
Arvind,

Please change the status of the periods from finally closed to Open via GTM for all the periods and then do the rebuild ledger and dimension history and then finally close the periods and then do the close year.

This would work

Regards,
Rajasekhar
Old 13th February 2009, 13:23

baanmanindia69 is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV -
You won't be able to run rebuild on "finally closed" periods. It is not advisable to keep the period "open" either, though baan does not stop you running rebuild on open period. Better to make GTM changes from "finally closed" to "closed" and run the rebuild.

Just a clue for the problem at hand. Was the dimension usage for any ledger account changed during the year from "Mandatory" to "Not used" or in any other way? (either through front end or through GTM). If so, there is all possibility that the dimension balances may not tie up with ledger balances where the ledger definition requires dimension usage "mandatory". Just a guess. Please check before running rebuild.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:29
Guru

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I see the issue that the figures are running into 3 decimals for the GL account that system is complaining and we have US dollars as home currency. I think it is something to do with it. But the account is balanced upto 3 decimal. I am suspecting that in our program may be system is rounding off an amount while other amount is not rounded off, but we don't have source, so that I can verify it. It is failing in the function - write.opening balances.for.next.year() and within this function where it checks ledeger.balance and check.balance field.

Arvind Patil
Old 13th February 2009, 22:22

gorgonna is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan V, Baan LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Solaris 5.5
Hi,

1. You should run tfgld6403m000 in order to check problems in periods and accounts.
2. Then run tfgld3410m000 for specific periods, you will find here problems in some documents (maybe documents with wrong decimal numbers)
3. run tfcor8200m000 for specific document, this session corrects the amounts in home currency in tfgld106 checks the rounding factor and tolerance of each of the 3 home currencies.
4. Finally run tfgld3203m000 and close the year.
Sponsored Links
Old 13th February 2009, 22:37

baanmanindia69 is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV -
Hi,

This is a common round off error encountered during the year closure. Out of many possible reasons, one is that arising out of domain differences between logistical and financial fields, which have different decimal sizes.

Though the values posted to Finance get rounded off to 2 decimals, the database still stores the full fractional value which would be used for all calculations. This will add up somewhere to grow into a bigger difference (falling within the range of 2nd or 3rd decimals). If this happens at document level, one wont be able to finalize the document. If it happens at a higher level (due to many records with small differences), problems may creep up in year closure, auto balancing p&l etc.

Though you can make a direct GTM in the history tables to 'correct' this fractional difference, it is always advisable to make GTM on Finalized transactions table on a couple of records and then run rebuild. (You will need to look for records with differnces big enough to affect the T/b but small enough to keep document balance intact)
Old 20th February 2009, 17:41
Guru

The problem is resolved
Thanks

Arvind Patil
Old 30th April 2009, 13:56

jinseong is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 4 C2 - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Sun Solaris
Facing same problem

Hi,

I am facing the same problem and need advices from you guys.

I tried to find the 'abnormal' transaction amount in table tfgld106 for the ledger account mentioned in the error message and found there is a transaction (opening balance created by previous close year) with 3rd decimal point, 0.005, at credit side.

After I amend the amount up to 2 decimel point, I found the trial balance report is not 'balance' anymore. So, what should I do? Find another transaction with 0.005 at debit side, then change it to 2 decimal place as well? So that I can have a 'balance' trial balance report?

Appreciate anyone can advise on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Jin Seong
Old 13th May 2009, 12:51

jinseong is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 4 C2 - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Sun Solaris
Problem solved

Hi,

I had solved the error and the close year was successfully done. So, I would like to share with you guys on what I did to solve the error.

From the error that I received "Ledger Balance for XXXXXX does not tally with dimension combination:batch aborted", I had retrieved all the ledger transactions in the affected ledger account to check whether there is any 3rd or 4th decimal point amount found. And I found there is 1 transaction with 3rd decimal point of 0.005 captured in table tfgld106. Then, I had zeroies the amount and 'transfer' the value to another ledger transaction (which I found there is another transaction with 3rd decimal point but under different ledger account). Lastly, I had rebuild the ledger account and proceed for the close year. This time the close year process is completed successfully.

The followings are the steps that I take:
1. Based on the close year error message to retrieve the ledger transaction from tfgld106 for the problematic ledger account.

2. Find whether there is 3rd / 4th decimal point transaction.

3. If yes, then check whether there is another ledger transaction with 3rd / 4th decimal point even in different ledger account.

4. Truncate the 3rd/4th decimal point value of Step 2 transaction up to 2 decimal points and 'transfer' the value to the ledger transaction found in step 3, make sure it is up to 2 decimal points.

5. Re-open the period status in table tfgld007 thru GTM for the affected period based on the affected transaction dates. I suggest that change the period status to 'close' instead of 'open' directly, then use the session tfgld0107m000 to change the period from 'close' to 'open'.

6. Run session tfgld3203m000 to rebuild the opening balance and ledger history.

7. Print the trial balance report to check and confirm the trial balance report is 'balance' after amendment.

8. Change the affected period status to 'finally close'.

9. Run the close year session.

Hope this will help those who face the same problem.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Jin Seong
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:07

Dinushi Senanay is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP Ln 6.1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Solaris 9i
3rd or 4th decimal point

Hi,

I have faced same problem like this, two ledger accounts balance has 4th decimal points, but I can’t see 3rd or 4th decimal point in individually transaction in ledger accounts, I have downloaded above ledger accounts transactions in excel but can’t found any 4th decimal point for transaction. I have attached excel sheet. Can you advice for this?

Thanks in advance
Dinushi
Attached Files
File Type: zip decimal point.zip (558.2 KB, 14 views)