Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
0%
200 - 500 GB
25%
500 - 800 GB
0%
800 - 1200 GB
0%
1200 - 1500 GB
0%
1500 - 2000 GB
75%
> 2000 GB
0%
Total votes: 4

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd April 2005, 17:58

tboeksch is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc, Baan5b,c - DB: Oracle 8i - OS: HP-UX 11i
Carrier independent freight / parcel / transportation management systems

We are in the early stages of reviewing carrier independent parcel/freight/transportation management solutions to be integrated with Baan IVc. There are many systems out their, like Clippership, Javelin, CPS Platinum, Freight Plus, TRA/X Parcel, etc.
Our initial objective is to use it for basic functions like: freight quoting, carrier selection, freight charge calculations and billing (back in Baan), label printing, manifest generation, MSDS, etc. Later we'll be getting into more of the Transportation Manangement side.
If you are using a parcel/freight/transportation management system integerated with Baan, I would like to find out which system you are using and how well it is working for you.

Thanks in advance!

Teelko Boekschoten
Sponsored Links
Old 26th April 2005, 18:01
Guru

avpatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3 - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Win 2003
Shipping System

Hi,
We have implemented a Pack Ship system for multiple carriers- Cargoware. Currently we can ship UPS all services, Fedex, LTL carriers etc through this system. And this is integrated with Baan. We have streamlined the shipping process. for e.g. We don't relieve the inventory until carrier picks up, we move it to a logical warehouse. Also using EDI we get the entire package details and informs customer service of any problem with the packages. So there is lot that can be done once you have the information. We also publish the same information on our B2B site. Our customer can look what is packed in each box and tracking info etc.

In my opinion developing a pack ship system is not a difficult thing. I was working on a similar project- Web based pack ship system to be integrated with Baan.We used Java and XML,but were not able to make it functional as project was put on hold. But if you have resources to do it you can write a XML based intergation with almost all the major carriers both parcel and LTL. You can also integrate this with a export documentation package. There are export system that can be integrated using XML. If you have 3-4 months to do this project, it can be done during this time.
In this way you can get a more robust system, with no license restrictions etc.

Arvind Patil
apatil@bogen.com