Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
36%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
36%
Manual into existing VRC
7%
Manual into new VRC
20%
Total votes: 44

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2015, 18:33

BaBernd is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor 10.2.1 - DB: SQL-Server 2012 - OS: Windows Server 2008
Only one dynamic footer on the last page
Baan: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

Hello to All,

who can help me with this Problem: I have to calculate the total some listed amounts. For that I've used the "total" property of a mask field in the footer.

But now the footer apears on a new page when the Report will created. That depends on the page size off 66 for the Printer device.

1.) I only want to print the footer once on the last page.
2.) I want to print it beneath the last normal printed line. For that I want to reduce the page size dynamical.

Is that possible? Or do you have a better solution?

Best Regards
Bernd
Old 9th April 2015, 21:05
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
If you only want to print it once - add an after.report layout and move it there.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 10th April 2015, 11:57

Hello Mark,

thanks for your hint. I've checked that and created an after.report layout. But this layout will not appear on the Report!
What happens there???
Maybe you have an additional tipp for me, why that could be?

Best Regards
Bernd
Sponsored Links
Old 10th April 2015, 14:23
Guru

bdittmar will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2/3.1/4c4/LN6.1 FP6/FP9/HiDox - DB: tbase, ms-sql7, oracle10gV1, 11g - OS: HP-UX, W2K3, SLES
Report sections :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBernd View Post
Hello Mark,

thanks for your hint. I've checked that and created an after.report layout. But this layout will not appear on the Report!
What happens there???
Maybe you have an additional tipp for me, why that could be?

Best Regards
Bernd
Hello,

here's the report sections:

Report sections (report scripts)
A report consists of a number of layouts, which define the content and organization of the various parts of a report (for example, the header, footer, and body of the report). There are a number of possible layout types, as follows:

before.report – printed once at beginning of the report (a title page, for example)
after.report – printed once at the end of the report
header – printed at the top of each page
footer – printed at the bottom of each page
before.field – printed before each group of records in reports of type 3; if a group of records spans more than one page, the before.field layout is repeated at the top of the new page
after.field – printed immediately after each group of records in reports of type 3
detail – used for the individual records included in the body of the report
The content and arrangement of these layouts are defined in the data dictionary.

In the report sections in a report script, you can program actions to be performed before and/or after execution of individual layouts of these types. Report sections consist of a main section and a subsection. You use a main section to specify the particular layout for which the programmed actions are to be executed. You must follow a main section with either a before.layout or an after.layout subsection. These latter specify whether the actions are to be executed before or after the particular layout is printed.

Main sections

before.report.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type before.report.

after.report.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type after.report.

header.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type header.

detail.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type detail.

before.<field name>.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type before.field.

after.<field name>.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type after.field.

footer.<layout_number>:

Actions programmed in this section are executed for a specified layout of type footer.

Subsections

before.layout:

Actions programmed in this subsection are executed before the specified layout is printed.

When lattr.print is set to false, the layout is not printed and the before.layout and after.layout sections are not executed. If you set lattr.print to falsein the before.layout section itself, the layout is not printed and the after.layout section is not executed.

after.layout:

Actions programmed in this subsection are executed after the specified layout is printed.

As a tip:

Place a Label in after.report layout, compile and test if this label is printed.
Check if a print expression is set at this layout.
Check if lattr.print = false ist set in reportscript for this layout.

Regards
Old 10th April 2015, 16:18

Hi Mark and BDittmar,

thanks for your help. Now I could solve the Problem.
Don't know why I've overseen it. But your hint pushed me to right direction
There was an after.report-section in the Report script that I've overseen.

Now I added an additional after.report-section and now it works really fine.

Best Regards
and happy Weekend
Bernd
Closed Thread