Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
33%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
6%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 49

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 26th April 2011, 11:17

rahul.kolhe22 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4, Infor ERP LN - DB: SQL 2005 - OS: Windows XP, UNIX
Unable to Convert RDD for User Authorization
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi all,

I have the requirement where I have to replicate the User Authorization for Module/Session of one server to other.

So I created the sequential dump of the table ttaad230 & ttaad231 and imported it on the other server. Now when I try to do Convert to Runtime Data Dictionary, the changes are not getting reflected. Means the Convert RDD cannot detect the records added in session "User Authorization for Session". Also tried Create RDD for the same.

Can anyone please suggest me what is the proper way by which we can accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance,
--Rahul

Last edited by rahul.kolhe22 : 26th April 2011 at 11:42.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:14

baan_guru is on a distinguished road
Baan: B40C, LN - DB: Informix - OS: Hp-Unix-11
Crdd

Hi Rahul,

Convert to Runtime Data Dictionary only works when system successfully logs changes made in application data. In your case since you have imported data into table and not made any changes from front end (i.e. using standard session for maintain ttaad2130m000), system is not responding to CRDD request.

To handle this you can write a AFS for this session and using AFS update any single entry (like you can modify end time from 24:00 to 23:59) for each user and then do CRDD. After successful CRDD revert the values you updated (this time end time from 23:59 to 24:00) and again do CRDD. CRDD can also be done using AFS only, so no need to manually doing it for thousands of users.This should solve your problem.

All the Best !!!
Old 26th April 2011, 13:44

Hi Baan_guru,

Thanks a lot for your quik reply.

According to your solution, I will have to import the sequential dump for the table ttaad230 & ttaad231 and then using AFS I will have to change the endtime to 23:59 from 24:00.

Yes this works, but is there any standard process which we should use in case we have to do this.

Also just want to know why is Create RDD not working? Because I think create should work irrecspective of the changes are done or not for the given range.

I would like to thank you again for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
--Rahul
Old 26th April 2011, 14:31

lebowski is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, BaanERP 5.0c, ERP LN - DB: Oracle, SQL - OS: Unix, Linux, Windows
If you are working with BaaN IV, you are lucky and can use the sessions ttcon61export and ttcon61import for that.
They are not available in LN

Regards,

lebowski
Old 26th April 2011, 21:46
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
If you are working with BaaN IV, you are lucky and can use the sessions ttcon61export and ttcon61import for that.
They are not available in LN
lebowski, the sessions work better in LN version.
Quote:
Convert Changes to Runtime DD (ttams2200m000)
Use this session to convert the changed user data and role data to the run-time data dictionary). To make the changes to the user data and role data effective, you must restart SSA ERP Tools.
The following user related data is dumped in the ${BSE}/lib/user/<user> file:
User data
Data in the user data template
Language dependent data
Company dependent data
Default users settings

Convert to Runtime DD (ttams2201m000)
Use this session to convert the user data and role data to the run-time data dictionary. To make the user data and role data effective, you must restart SSA ERP Tools. The following user related data is dumped in the ${BSE}/lib/user/<user> file:
User data
Data in the user data template
Language dependent data
Company dependent data
Default users settings
Rahul, you can also sync/rsync the ${BSE}/lib/user and ${BSE}/lib/role folders from the primary system to the other hosts.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:56

Baan: Baan IV, BaanERP 5.0c, ERP LN - DB: Oracle, SQL - OS: Unix, Linux, Windows
Quote:
lebowski, the sessions work better in LN version.
Hello Prashant,

as far as I know the sessions tttcon61export/-import are not available in LN. When moving from one machine to the other, I usually dump the related tools tables and then sync the $BSE/lib/user etc. folders like you mentioned.
With the older sessions from Baan IV you could not only export user data/authorisations but also device data, logical tables, currencies, formats etc. in one step which I found quiete useful. I am missing a tool like that in LN.

lebowski
Old 27th April 2011, 19:17
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
as far as I know the sessions tttcon61export/-import are not available in LN. When moving from one machine to the other, I usually dump the related tools tables and then sync the $BSE/lib/user etc. folders like you mentioned.
lebowski,

You can use the ttams2201m000, then you do not have to import/expert the runtime changes table's data. If you have multiple app servers then you can just execute the session with full range or specific users/roles to regenerate the user/role-files.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:51

Hi,

Thanks a lot Lebowski and Prashanth for your valueable contribution.

I am currently working on Baan IVc4. But I cannot get the session tconv61export working. It is giving me the fatal error. Please find the attached image for the screenshot of the fatal error. What may be reason for this fatal error?

The OS installed on server is Windows 2003 server edition. Does this session works only in case server OS is Unix?

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks and Regards,
--Rahul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (33.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by rahul.kolhe22 : 28th April 2011 at 10:57.
Old 29th April 2011, 07:48

Hello Rahul,

the session works on Windows and Unix.
You have to give full path and filename and your user must have permissions to write to <path>.
Could you give it another try with e.g. "c:\infor\export" as the path ?

Have a nice day.

lebowski
Sponsored Links