Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
28%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
7%
1500 - 2000 GB
13%
> 2000 GB
24%
Total votes: 71

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 23rd July 2019, 22:30
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
At this point I would log an issue with Infor.

I know in our case we would get out of sync between oracle and the data dictionary. When that happened I had several things I could try to do to get them back in sync. Sometimes deleting the field would work and recreating RDD. Sometimes I would have to move .old files back into the data dictionary, then re-add the field and RDD again to get it to work. The only time on our 4c4 system I have seen this happen is when things get out of sync between oracle and the data dictionary - or the permissions were in correct on the DD files.

Have you tried completely removing the table from that VRC and reconfig? Let it revert to where it is derived from. Then copy the table back into the VRC and do another RDD. Make sure you see the data dictionary files getting updated. Then try adding the field.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 24th July 2019, 12:10
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
While doing create runtime or crdd do you have any information in event viewer @ Application Server?

Also, i know you have mentioned in your earlier posts about the correct VRC, but can you confirm in which table def you are doing the changes and is the same VRC linked to the package Combination?

Also,which Baan/LN version is this?I wonder how much help Infor would do as its purely customizations

Lastly, if the problem persists delete the whole table definition from test and do crdd and then copy again and do the same process(i.e. crdd)
Sponsored Links
Old 24th July 2019, 14:12

florian.battke is on a distinguished road
Baan: 61a9 - DB: oracle - OS: suse linux 11
> While doing create runtime or crdd do you have any information in event viewer @ Application Server?

It's a linux server, so no event viewer, sadly.

> Also, i know you have mentioned in your earlier posts about the correct VRC, but can you confirm in which table def you are doing the changes and is the same VRC linked to the package Combination?

Checked this today, all seems correct.

> Also,which Baan/LN version is this?I wonder how much help Infor would do as its purely customizations

Infor LN 11.3.5

> Lastly, if the problem persists delete the whole table definition from test and do crdd and then copy again and do the same process(i.e. crdd)

This would be a last resort as we would be losing a number of other custom fields in the table.
Old 29th July 2019, 15:23

wiggum is on a distinguished road
Try to run Convert to Runtime Data Dictionary for all package combinations not only for the package combination of that specific company.
Old 29th July 2019, 16:11
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by florian.battke View Post
>
> Lastly, if the problem persists delete the whole table definition from test and do crdd and then copy again and do the same process(i.e. crdd)

This would be a last resort as we would be losing a number of other custom fields in the table.
Typically a dev environment is built off of a production environment. The production environment should have all changes except for the last change you made. So all of the other fields should be there and you are just adding this last field.

Even though it is customization fields the CRDD should still work. I would think they would support that, only way to find out is to log a support incident.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 30th July 2019, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggum View Post
Try to run Convert to Runtime Data Dictionary for all package combinations not only for the package combination of that specific company.
Hi Wiggum, thanks for your comment. We have tried that multiple times, with no positive result, unfortunately.
Old 30th July 2019, 07:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
Typically a dev environment is built off of a production environment. The production environment should have all changes except for the last change you made. So all of the other fields should be there and you are just adding this last field.

Even though it is customization fields the CRDD should still work. I would think they would support that, only way to find out is to log a support incident.
Meanwhile we have logged an issue with Infor. I'll update this thread with their solution once we found one.