Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
28%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
7%
1500 - 2000 GB
13%
> 2000 GB
24%
Total votes: 71

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 17th July 2019, 11:24

okneb1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV to LN 10.6 - DB: SQL or Oracle - OS: Win/Unix
LN UI report designer - centering heading
Baan: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

We're customizing some report with the new report designer in LN UI (ERP version 10.6)

For example, I want to start my document with label "Picking list" always in the middle of the page.

I've positioned the label "Picking list" on the middle in Report designer (see attachment 1).
But one the actual report (printing to device D) the text "Picking list" is sometimes in the center, sometimes shifted left or right, depening on the data that comes after the header layout (longer strings, shorter strings, causing change in the grid layout while rendering the PDF). (see attachment 2, 3)

Is there some posibility or option in designer to have a label always printed in the center or the page, no matter what the data lenght is in the other layouts?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (12.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (17.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Capture3.PNG (13.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 17th July 2019, 13:16
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Curious - is it just the screen shots or is the font size different? The 2 screen shots with the barcodes almost looks like they have a different font.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 18th July 2019, 08:44

oirfeodent is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan - DB: DB - OS: OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by okneb1 View Post
But one the actual report (printing to device D) the text "Picking list" is sometimes in the center, sometimes shifted left or right, depening on the data that comes after the header layout (longer strings, shorter strings, causing change in the grid layout while rendering the PDF). (see attachment 2, 3)
Did you try moving the data into different layout?

Regards,
Old 19th July 2019, 11:32

mark_h, both screenshots have the same font and size

oirfeodent, I tried moving the "Picking list" into new layout, still the same result

Attachments; previews with grid on, because of the longer/shorter strings in the columns, everything just gets shifted to the right/left. I guess that's how PDF rendering works in LN. It calculates positions based on the data width.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (127.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (164.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 19th July 2019, 13:49
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Can you put like the order number and barcode in its own layout? It almost looks like the whole report is adjusted based off the amount of data in the field being printed. I was expecting like the description to look the same length between the 2 screen shots.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:00

@mark_h,
I've tried moving everything into seperate layouts, but nothing changes. I still get shifted heading, depening on the longest/shortest column. Looks like PDF converter calculates grid/column positions based on data width on every layout and changes the grid size accordingly (<= LN 10.6).
It's frustrating because the customer's argument then is "I've paid X amount of money for this software and you cannot provide me with centered heading on my document, using native reporting"...

Looking at the 10.7 documentation for Report designer I can see mentions of "exact positioning" and "fixed length", looks like this feature is new, starting in 10.7:

Quote:
Grid columns have fixed widthIf a font size is specified for a field, it may be that the field content does not fit in the reserved area.Normally the PDF converter then resizes columns to ensure that fields do not overlap and arepositioned in the correct relative order.If this check box is selected, the converter does not resize columns, but only draws the text. Thismakes the layout more predictable when the font size is changed, at the risk of overlapping fields.This property is not available if the report uses exact positioning.
https://docs.infor.com/ln/ce/en-us/l...ndg__en-us.pdf
(on page 15 for example).

Last edited by okneb1 : 22nd July 2019 at 16:09.