Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
33%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
6%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 49

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 8th January 2018, 06:22
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Error 111(No record Found) on tdsls4026010
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP10 (Infor ERP 10.4)
C/S: Both

Hello All

We are facing this error while cancelling a Sales Order Line on Live Production Server.

Now i have searched Infor Incidents where they have suggested that Error 111 usually occurs in case of corruption of a table and usually reorganization of Table needs to be done.

Now i am going to follow up on that.

But my question is when 111 Error occurs, No record found means what? If record is not found the program should not go into the loop and therefore why is the need for a Fatal Error. What am i missing here?

Regards
Ajesh
Old 8th January 2018, 08:44
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi Ajesh,

There might be a bad character(something like a High-Ascii character) in the data which can cause the issue. I have experienced it in the past, when I was opening up a Sales Order session, when scrolled, it kicked me out.

Then I found out that, one of the sales order had a note or something with a High-Ascii character which caused the bshell error.

So, the basic select will fail with the bshell error.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 8th January 2018, 11:10
Guru

Hi Bhushan

Appreciate your answer. But there is no description field in the Linked Order Line Data.

Regards
Ajesh
Old 9th January 2018, 14:28
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
It does not necessarily have to be a description field - it could be and character based variable. We have run into something like this a few times over the years - something about the control character or what ever is in the data that just causes the fatal error.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 10th January 2018, 06:25
Guru

Ok..So what did you guys do about it then?
Old 10th January 2018, 14:06
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I know in one case we re-org'ed the tables. In another case I believe we knew which record was causing the problem and just used table maintenance to clean it up(but I can't remember if we just deleted the record or re-entered the data). Been a long time since we ran into this issue - I think we finally along the way convinced users to stop cutting and pasting from word which caused several interesting text and print issues.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 10th January 2018, 17:06
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
In our case, we had multiple records(thousands of them) which had this data issue. I extracted all the data to Excel by exchange. I created a macro to replace all the extended ascii characters by space and then re-uploaded the data using the exchange.

Here's a link.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 12th January 2018, 06:17
Guru

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate. I have forwared the response to Client and told my advice and also asked them to log an incident with Infor. Shall inform what worked..