Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > General Topics > General Discussion & Chat

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
26%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
9%
1200 - 1500 GB
12%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
21%
Total votes: 34

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 14th August 2018, 08:58

vam143na is on a distinguished road
Baan: 7 - DB: sql - OS: windows 7
Unable to create account in baan board.

Hi Team,

I am gowtham, a fresher in LN field. I am trying to create account but i am facing an error saying - My mail address is banned by Administrator, could not create an account.

How can i create an account in baanboard, kindly help me in this regard. Presently I am using my colleague mail id.

Regards,
Gowtham.
Old 14th August 2018, 15:08
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
You should be able to create an account with a gmail address or something like that. I am not sure how Pat blocks some of the spammers we get - not sure by domain or what.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 15th August 2018, 08:27
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Use any email ID other than Gmail. This domain is blocked due to multiple spam accounts being created on it.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Sponsored Links
Old 15th August 2018, 13:03
Board Master

patvdv is on a distinguished road
Baan: n/a - DB: n/a - OS: AIX, HP-UX, Linux
Hi,

Unfortunately we had to block the entire gmail e-mail domain for signing up. It just simply throws out too many spammers.

Patrick Van der Veken - Admin & Founder - (c) 2001-2018 baanboard.com/baanforums.com
Old 15th August 2018, 14:41
Guru

Guess I never really looked at the email addresses when I was busy banning the spammers. I do know what ever you all did cut them WAY DOWN and I appreciate that.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 15th August 2018, 21:30
Guru

benito is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.2.1 / LN 10.5 / BaanIVc4 - DB: Oracle11/Informix - OS: Unix/Linux
Now this get me curious. Why do you think Gmail has more spammers. I also noticed Hangouts. Why so many people are luring you to go to Google Hangouts?
Old 15th August 2018, 21:51
Guru

I can't say for sure - but as moderator there for a couple of months every time I logged into the board I would have any where from 10 - 20 spammers that I was having to ban. And this would be multiple times a day. Those days I spent more time banning spammer than probably reading threads. Here lately it is only maybe 5 or 6 - not many. I suspect that was the reason. I never looked at the users email address just what they were spamming. My best guess.

GO Cards!