Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 9th October 2005, 13:48

riazsayeed is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4, Vc, LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: NT, Win 2000, AIX
MAUC equating with FTP

Dear Friends,

LN 6.1, Baan 5c
----------------

I am working on LN 6.1, but I am sure the situation is same for 5c as well.

I have an item M01 as manufactured item and in the BOM I have 2 items P01 and P02 1 each. The valuation method, for all items is MAUC.

The cost price of P01 - 10 USD and P02 is 20 USD. Consequently M01 has cost price of 30 USD.

After a few transactions, the MAUC of items P01 and P02 changes due to diferenr purchase rates and now it is 26 for P01 and 37 for P02.

Now I receive an order for another new item M02 for which I shall be using the same BOM as M01 but with a little different quantities.
The problem is when I run the costing for M02, I get the costprice of P01 and P02 from the original FTP.

My requirment is that, the MAUC prices of P01 and P02 should get reflected in the Cost price of M02 as these are more realistic. I tried using Average PP as the priority and ran costing but the price is unrealistic as matching and approval of Purchase orders is done irratically.

Is there any way we can equate the MAUC with the FTP?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old 10th October 2005, 12:46

lakmisoftware is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV V - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
I have used BaaN V c and the problem is same. There is no option in BaaN, but you can have a work around through a customization. I am not sure about your volume of re-costing every day or your volume of item master. Based on the option below you can decide whether it will work out for you or not.

1. Develop a custom program to get the latest MAUC for each item and update it in the “Simulated Purchase price” table before re-costing / costing of an item. Depend on your volume of item you can go for each item of re-cost or full range of items.
2. Then run the BaaN Costing program to pick up the price priority from “Simulated purchase price”. In this case BaaN will change the FTP price of PO1 and PO2 also, but there won’t be any revaluation entry. If you don’t want to change the FTP price of PO1 and PO2 for future comparison then this option will not work out for you.
Old 10th October 2005, 13:06

riazsayeed is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4, Vc, LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: NT, Win 2000, AIX
Thanks Lakmi,

The more I ponder on this subject, the more I am convinced that the solution given by you would be the best option available.
There is a feature called market price by item in LN and there is the option that we can run the cost price based on the market price, but it does not seem to work for me. Moreover the help on Market price is not available.

Last edited by riazsayeed : 10th October 2005 at 13:07. Reason: spellings
Sponsored Links