Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
As a Customer What would do to keep your ERP Implementation intact
Proactively define Business Process-- Take the Project Ownership
67%
Handover everything to System Integrator from drawing BP till implementation of ERP
0%
Hire more inhouse skilled & capable IT Resource to work directly with SI
33%
Rely on SI Architects/Consultants
0%
Total votes: 6

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd July 2003, 16:09

veyant is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV/V - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix/AIX
migration from multi fin multi log to single fin single log company

Hi Guys,

We are planning to migrate from multi finance multi logestic setup to single finance single logestic setup. Can somebody help me out. as current setup is as under:

we are currently have 3 live companies for 3 different SBU's. Well, one of them i sgroup company. Here is the setup

800 (group)
/ \
801 802

now, 801 want to be seprated from this setup and other two will remain as it is.

So what should be done. As i have worked out a plan. Can you let me know will it be ok.

1. I will fixup a cutt off date for all three companies so that they will finalise all batches & integration transactions as tfgld102, tfgld201-205 , tfgld410, tfgld416 are shared.
2. After ensuring that all non-finalised transactions are finalised. I will take dump of all shared tables as group company is 800 and data will be in 800 company which will be later uploaded in masters of 801.
3. Then i will removing sharing of tables for logical company 801 from the sesion maintain logical tables.
4. after removing sharing of tables, i will upload the dumped master tables in 801 and try to ensure that all master will have rows equal to 800 tables rows.

will this process will be enough or need some more things which should be considered.

please advice and help out in this activity. should i seprate the VRC also. as of now all there companies are on same VRC.

Please advice as i have to fixup the whole process and authenticate that it will be smooter and trouble less and get it approved from my director opertaions- asia pacific.

Thanks
Veyant
Old 25th July 2003, 15:06

estotz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton, BaanIV all versions, BaanERP 5c - DB: Oracle, SQL Server, Informix - OS: Unix, NT, Win2000
Don't know why you would want to "separate the VRC", i.e. put the companies in different package combinations. I assume they are running the same versions of the software, so this is not required.