Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Archiving & Multisite

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
36%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
36%
Manual into existing VRC
7%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 45

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 28th April 2005, 21:40

Karin Espelage is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton, Baan4, Baan 5 - DB: Oracle, MS SQL, Informix - OS: NT, Unix
Archiving means that historical data is stored in an archive company before it is deleted from the production company (tdsls4223m000 just deletes).

Baan has added the necessary sessions for archiving sales and purchase orders to Baan 4 last year but hasn't gotten around to doing the same for Baan 5 yet. As I said before though: so far I made good experiences when I asked Baan support to have an archive solution that already existed in Baan 4 transferred to Baan 5.

I currently don't have a new Baan 5 archive project coming up and for the Baan 5 projects that I did in the past I've developed the necessary archive sessions myself. If anyone plans to start archiving in 5 soon though, then I would suggest they send a request to Baan support. It might be as simple as that.

Regards,
Karin
Old 25th May 2005, 16:18

lauras is on a distinguished road
Baan: B4c4 - DB: Oracle 10g - OS: Windows 2000/XP
td(pur/sls)4223m000 in its most recent version of IVc4 does not delete records, you must use 4227 now. I like that, because we had problems with users deleting records before, now we just don't allow them in the archive session. simple.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:05

toletofhitachi is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 5c - DB: SQL - OS: Server 2000
Does anyone has the writeup on the tdpur4227m000 session? Example, what are the tables involved and so on.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:23

tnzabo is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV C4 - DB: SQL Server 2005 - OS: Windows 2003 SP2
Question Archive and/or delete PO history ISSUES

I have a question about the session tdpur5202m000 Archive and/or Delete Purchase Order History. I ran this session, in hopes of helping a PO issue we were having with 1 po. I ran it for just that PO. I noticed it was archiving a bunch of master data tables. Fine - I understand it needs to have the Master Data in the Archive company.

After this ran there were two very strange issues that popped up and this session is the only thing I can think that caused it, but I don't know why.

In the Maintain Order types session (tcmcs0142m000) the transaction type for all order types are now blank. Our Main warehouse lost it's Default receipt and inspection receipt locations. Now I just got an email about a control account not found for a supplier when a user is trying to maintain purchase invoices??? This is static data and I'm confused as to what happened? Does anyone have any idea about this??

your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
Old 25th September 2009, 09:08

Rajhyd is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan4,5, LN - DB: db - OS: unix
Quote:
Originally Posted by toletofhitachi View Post
Does anyone has the writeup on the tdpur4227m000 session? Example, what are the tables involved and so on.
The session tdpur4223m000 just deletes the data without doing archiving. Whereas session tdpur4227m000 does both. The tables involved would be the same as in tdpur4223m000 except the difference being that the data is moving to the archive company and then getting deleted.

I hope this helps.

Rajasekhar
ex - Infor Support
Sponsored Links