Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
33%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
6%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 49

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Closed Thread

Old 29th June 2004, 14:49

mprakash is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 5c - DB: Oracle, sql 2000 - OS: unix, windows2000
Angry Reference type in product variant

Can anyone explain me what is reference type in the product variant (tipcf5501m000 in Baan5c). As per baan help it can carry 5 values sales quotation, sales order, budget, project and standard variant.

I like to know under what situation reference type is filled as sales order and sales quotation

I created a quotaion. selected a generic item in the sales quotaiton line and then ran the session generate budget structure for the sales quotation session. System generated the customised part in the sales quotation line and new product variant is created. when I checked the reference type it is filled with Budget. If so in what situation i can get the value for this field as sales quotation?

Please clarify...we have many sales quotation lines in our live company with reference type filled as sales quotation and we dont know how it has happened...
Old 30th June 2004, 13:52

p.cole is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4 SP20, ERP LN FP3 - DB: MSSQL 2005 - OS: W2K3
I'm using Baan IVc4, but the situation sounds like it might be similar.

When first inserting a sales order line and entering a generic item on the item field (tdsls041.item) the question "Define product options immediately?" is asked. After saying "Yes", and exiting the product configurator a product variant has been created with the reference option as "Sales Order", and the reference order as the sales order. Now, if a project structure is created for the sales order the reference option will change to "Project", and the reference order as the project. Exactly the same happens for sales quotations and budgets.
Old 6th July 2004, 06:05

Thumbs up It works similar

Thanks for the reply. The logic work similar in Baan5. another thing I noticed was that when we regenerate the structure(Project or budget) for the variant, the reference type again changes back to sales order (quotation)...which I feel might be a bug and this issue is now loged with Baan support..
Old 22nd July 2004, 16:56

Solved

Baan has delivered the solution 145295
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread