Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Miscellaneous

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
29%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
8%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
23%
Total votes: 73

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th August 2019, 15:54

bgrgon is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN - DB: SQL - OS: Windows
Lightbulb Data Type conversion table
Baan: ERP LN 6.1
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi All,

We have a requirement around being able to know the exact datatypes of every field. We know this information resides in ttADV400 in field 'type'. Which table stores the conversion from the number stored in this field to the relevant datatype description (numeric, decimal etc)?

PS. I am brand new to BAAN, InforLN so apologies if this is a very simple question

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 19th August 2019, 18:31
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Not sure I get the question - the domain type (at least in 4c4) in ttadv400 contains any formatting or information needed for any table field or session field which uses this domain type.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 20th August 2019, 08:34
Guru

JaapJD will become famous soon enoughJaapJD will become famous soon enough
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP, ERP LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: Unix, Windows
That is in table ttadv401 and ttadv402 (BaanIV) or ttadv140 (LN). I would recommend to use the rdi.* functions (like rdi.column and rdi.table.column) to get the field type.
Old 20th August 2019, 12:58

bgrgon is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN - DB: SQL - OS: Windows
Thanks both for your reply.

I thought it might be as simple as there being an internal configuration table where it equates the number in the 'data type' field to a description of that number. For example 2 equates to an integer field, 5 for a decimal etc. Unfortunately we are waiting for access for the LN system so are relying on downloads of these data dictionary tables for now

I see there are also similar numbers assigned for rounding methods, conversion, alignment etc
Old 20th August 2019, 14:35
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I think I see what you are talking about. So like the data type of 5 is double, 7 is enumerated, etc. So if you find a 7 you know it is enumerated and then could look in ttadv401. And in this case data type is an enumerated field. So you could look in ttadv401 for ttadv.type - to get what the numbers mean: 1 is byte, 12 is blob, 5 is double, 9 is date, 7 is enumerated, 4 is float, 2 is integer. 3 is long, 8 is set. etc.

Be a lot easier once you have access to the system. PS - I am looking at 4c4, ln could be different.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 20th August 2019, 16:36
Guru

vinceco252 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc3, IVc4, 5b, 5c, ERP LN 6.1, Infor ERP 10.x - DB: SQL Server, Oracle - OS: Windows, Linux, HPUX, AIX, (a little bit of) Solaris
Mark,

The basics of domains, tables, etc., are the same in LN.

Vince
OST
vmurphy@ostusa.com