Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Open World, Portal & Decision Manager

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
29%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
8%
1200 - 1500 GB
8%
1500 - 2000 GB
11%
> 2000 GB
24%
Total votes: 79

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 18th November 2019, 23:39

ajm1811 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.3 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows 7
tmboaserver -wrong JDK version
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP5

Evening all,

We are undergoing a migration of LN6.1 FP5 from unix/oracle to windows/sql and the final hurdle is trying to get a tmboaserver running for our integration with Bridgelogix. Here is the config of the new windows server:

LN: 6.1 FP5
Porting set: 9.3c
Java: 1.8.0_231
JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231
CLASSPATH: C:\Program Files\SLM\java\com_baan_bclm.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\java\ow.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\java\bjvmi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\java\ow3p.jar

When attempting to run tmboaserver I get a message stating "Cannot start tmboaserver: failed to start JAVA, wrong JDK version."

I have read a number of entries that suggest this error is due to incorrect environment variables - particularly the classpath.

If I look at the windows event viewer I can see an entry that says the command below was attempted to be run. There is a huge amount of libraries included in there and I don't know where they are coming from. They seem to be a mix of windows and unix paths which obviously windows won't understand. In the same message in event viewer it states that the system cannot find the file specified.

My question is what is telling the command to include these additional libraries and where are they coming from. Editing the CLASSPATH system variable (including a restart) doesn't seem the command that is run so they must be coming from somewhere else. Could it be a file that has been copied over from unix and if so does anyone know where it would be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

'java "-Djava.class.path=D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/chartengineapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/com.ibm.icu_3.6.1.v20070906.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/commons-cli-1.0.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/coreapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/dataadapterapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/dteapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/engineapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/flute.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/js.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/modelapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/modelodaapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/odadesignapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/org.apache.commons.codec_1.3.0.v200706111738.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/org.eclipse.emf.common_2.2.1.v200702131851.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi_2.2.2.v200702131851.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.2.2.v200702131851.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/org.w3c.css.sac_1.3.0.v200706111724.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\birt-runtime\ReportEngine\lib/scriptapi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/bjvmi.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/charsetfileconverter.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/itext-1.5.2.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/iText-2.1.4.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/iTextAsian.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/ow.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/ow3p.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/ssa-bml.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/thin_odm.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/xalan.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/xercesImpl.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse/java/xml-apis.jar;C:\Program Files\Baan\shared\java\com_baan_bclm.jar;C:\Program Files\SLM\java\com_baan_bclm.jar;D:\Infor\ERPLN\bse\java\ow.jar;D:\Infor\E
Old 19th November 2019, 03:16
Guru

vinceco252 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc3, IVc4, 5b, 5c, ERP LN 6.1, Infor ERP 10.x - DB: SQL Server, Oracle - OS: Windows, Linux, HPUX, AIX, (a little bit of) Solaris
You may need to define it in the Infor Manager MMC plugin. You can define environment variables under the properties of the environment.

You could also try adding it to the bse_vars file to see if that works. You would still want to add it to the Infor Manager though.

Vince
OST
vmurphy@ostusa.com
Old 19th November 2019, 17:03

ajm1811 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.3 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows 7
Smile Infor Manager

Thanks so much Vince - that worked!!

We've been on Unix for over a decade so I didn't know you needed to define variables there as well. I've now got bus components running on our new windows vm. Just need to figure out how to licence the adapter and point the bridgelogix development environment to the new server so I can test.
Sponsored Links