Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 2nd July 2018, 08:03
Guru

günther is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 - DB: Informix - OS: HP-UX
Informix error 310
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: Other/Unknown
C/S: Server

Hi.

Yesterday, we got an Informix error 310 "SQL: Cardinality Violation" when running a very simple update session. The update only sets a tcyesno field to either Yes or No. The table contains a tcitem as primary key, one tcyesno field and two integer fields and has about 65.000 rows. So, all basic.

I found that one item had this problem; when I just skipped the update for this specific item, the complete table could be updated.

The quick solution was: Reorgainze Tables. After that, all wored fine.

Now my question: Has anyone ever had such an error, too? I guess that this problem came from the fact, that our db resides on SSDs now.

Regards,
Günther
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:01
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Never really seen that error - but we did one time have some unprintable or seeable characters that got into a table that made it tough to fix. We ended up having to fix a few records and re-org'ing the table also.

Right now we have an item on the item master with an embedded carriage return in it - so far it is not causing an issue. But we convert to Oracle EBS in 6 months so just waiting it out.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:41
Guru

günther is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 - DB: Informix - OS: HP-UX
Hi,

meanwhile we found the problem. The funny thing about it: this part of our baan installations hasn't been touched for about 20 years ...

The problem came from the -f option used by bdbpost6.1 which means "fast; first rows, then index). In the file that should be loaded were duplicate data (just one record); These data got loaded first, then the create index failed, and so we had a baan table without constraints on duplicate values ...

We decided to remove the -f option which was the easiest way. Even if there is duplicate data, they cannot be loaded because the index is created before the loading of data. bdbpost6.1 does not give an error in that case.

Regards,
Günther