Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 11th September 2002, 08:08

pinakin is on a distinguished road
Baan: baanIV - DB: RDBMS - OS: unix, NT
Post Running sessions thru job

Hi All,

I am using Jobs to automate some process without any problem. But now I want to something like the perticular job should take some parameter and based on the parametes the assigned process to the job should be executed.

for example: In the The session Process Delivered Sales Order(tdsls4223m000) hte uset has be give a date. I want to automate this session using job, but I want the system should take the system date as 'Delete up to (Date)'.

If anyone can know I would like to know how the system/Job/assigned session to a job will take parametes before executing the assigned process.

Please let me know.

Best regards

Pinakin
Sponsored Links
Old 11th September 2002, 08:24
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
Pinakin,

I think your current situation is good enough and you might be asking for more complexity when you think of simplifiying with having your own job controller.

But here's an idea anyways. You can create a session with 3-GL script, which can take arguments.

The arguments can be read based on the tools functions -
get.argc(), string get.string.arg( long arg_no ) and long get.long.arg( long arg_no ) etc.

Then the program invokes the $BSE/bin/bshell6.2 or ba6.2 (your baan versions) with the appropriate jobid/jobname, user, company, package combination etc.

You might try it out and post your results here.

Good Luck!
Old 11th September 2002, 09:05
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
when you use the make job option from the session it asks you if it should consider the difference between entered date and system date ?. if answer yes then the dates will be incrementated each time it runs.

Another option would be to create a function server.