Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
When will you move your ERP to the cloud?
We are on the cloud already!
33%
Next year
0%
from 2-3 years
22%
from 4-5 years
0%
Never!
44%
Total votes: 9

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 20th December 2002, 09:35
Guru

Paul P is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP - DB: SQL Server, Informix, Oracle - OS: Windows, HP-UX
Smile Fully automated session and job mgmt

Dear all,

I made a fully automated session and it's working OK under manual execution. This session is a print session which will automatically execute print.data followed by end.program upon initialisation of form. I disabled all buttons in the form. The main part of the program under print.data are written using API. The session will also automatically direct all error messages the main part to a file without needing user interaction. It's fully automatic

Now I have a problem, this session doesn't seem to be running properly under job mgmt. The job session history states that the session was executed, but I can't see the error file created (I deliberately pass wrong data so the error report would come out). What happened?

Thanks for your help, guys (& girls)

Rgds,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Old 20th December 2002, 11:38
Guru

Paul P is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP - DB: SQL Server, Informix, Oracle - OS: Windows, HP-UX
Works now, but not fully auto anymore

Thanks, ~Vamsi for your "help" through the thread date.num() and job. I found that thread after a long search and try channeling all flow through cont.process first. It works. Only minor drawback is that it's not fully automated anymore. It won't run off job mgmt if I set the cont.process to be run upon initialisation of form (even when I set it to do so only when it's not under job mgmt).

cont.process is a weird command in B5c. It's not present in list of standard commands, but seems to be having prominent role in B5c programming. Probably it should be put back as a std command?

Rgds,
Paul
Old 20th December 2002, 14:34
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger), SSA-ERP-LN-6.1, Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle -10gR1, 11g, 12c, MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX-11.11, 11.23 (Itanium, RISC), Linux, Windows
Paul,

the choice.cont. process is indeed documented - 4GL choice sections

You can find the notes there -

Quote:
The following commands are supported for backward compatibility only. Support is not guaranteed in future versions of the software.

cont.process
Instead of keeping the cont.process in the form section, you might try to keep that option as the default option/button in the user defined form commands. So when the form is activated through the job management that is still executed. You can keep the script in debugger and look for the flow of program.

Alternatively, you can also use the statements like in the form/group(incase you are using the new DFE) intialization section -

Code:
group.1:
init.group:
	if job.process then
		start.process()
	endif

I hope this helps you out.

Good Luck!