Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
37%
Manual into existing VRC
5%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 43

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 24th August 2010, 16:20

aamir_faried is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: SQL SERVER - OS: linux
Problem with showing Button on Session
Baan: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

Hej

I'm trying to put button in the session just like we have button in items Dashboard.

I have created form commands for it and have created field for this on session. when i look at properties of Form Field in Form Editor, the 'Linked Form command' field is filled with form command. that is correct.
In the form command i have selected this option "Show as Button in Dialog or browse Session"

But when i run this session, I can only see checkboxes on the session but no button. Do you guys have any idea why I'm not getting button on session.

/Aamir
Old 24th August 2010, 20:47
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
I have created form commands for it and have created field for this on session. when i look at properties of Form Field in Form Editor, the 'Linked Form command' field is filled with form command. that is correct.
Aamir, check if your Session's DFE property is set to Rich View.

Refer to the screenshot, you have to create the new form command and set the command type to field and associate to a field to get the button.
Refer to field level help:
Quote:
Possible Values
Form
For all of the session's form tabs, the form command appears on the form's Specific menu, and/or as a button on the form.
Group
The form command only appears on the session's Specific menu when a user selects the tab that includes the group you define in the Group/Field Number field.
Field
The form command appears as a button on the form, behind the field whose Sequence Number you enter in the Group/Field Number field.

Print
The form command appears as an option in the session's print menu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg form-command button.jpg (64.9 KB, 93 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 25th August 2010, 14:41

aamir_faried is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: SQL SERVER - OS: linux
Thanks for your reply NPRao,

Your suggestion solved my problem.

The reason was that Session's DFE property Rich View was not checked. I just checked Rich View property then it (button) get appear.

Thanks again
/Aamir