Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
33%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
6%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 49

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 13th May 2002, 09:56

maximus is on a distinguished road
Baan: Most - DB: Most - OS: Most
Relation of Oracle Database to baan data

Hi,

I would like to know as to how can one get the oracle level details about the baan database. like oracle level tablenames, the space used by each table etc. I do not haev oracle enterprise manager so I will have to do it through sql. does any one have any document about it.

Any help is appreciated.

max
Sponsored Links
Old 13th May 2002, 15:38
Unconfirmed User

gguymer is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4 SP12 - DB: Oracle 8i, 9i - OS: AIX 4.3, 5.3
There are a number of system tables and views provided by Oracle which is really all that the Enterprise Manager uses. You can use USER_TABLESPACES or DBA_TABLESPACES for tablespace info, USER_TABLES or DBA_TABLES for table info, and USER_INDEXES or DBA_INDEXES for index info to name a few. Some of the data in these tables is populated by executing the ANALYZE command on the tables. These are a few of the many available. They are well covered in the Oracle documentation and on Oracle's MetaLink. Baan also details how it is implemented within Oracle in it's Oracle driver documentation.

Gilbert Guymer
Database Administrator
Lufkin Industries, Inc.