Problem with Convert SSA ERP User to Database User
Baan: ERP LN 6.1
DB: SQL Server 2005
OS: Windows 2003
When attempting to run the session for Convert SSA ERP User to Database User, we have issues. I think the error message explains my problem, please assist ...
Here are the steps we follow.
1) create user in OS – I have already created user “user01” with password “********”
2) from session ttaad2500m000 – create a new baan user by inserting a new record or copying existing user (need baan password “******”
3) change system login to user01 (if copied from some other user)
4) convert to runtime from specific menu
5) Convert SSA ERP user to database users (here database comes into picture)
There are two ways
5-a) we can use existing windows authentication to access db
Press the convert button, system will prompt for sa credentials.
5-b) we can create a new db user in db
in this option, db user and password should be given with default password checkbox checked.
It need not be same user baan user and password. We can generate a new db user and password and link to user01
For convenience, we always keep it same.
In both cases, baan user is automatically linked to db
6) Convert to runtime from links between db user and baan user session if ttstpoledaemon error occurs
Our case has got stuck in step 5 where we need help from infor.
Just so you know while answering this question, this is the configuration:
BaanAppServer = Windows 2003, w/ Baan LN 6.1
BaanDBServer= Windows 2003, w/ SQL 2005
Users are created locally on BaanAppServer.
Our current workaround is to manually create the user within SQL on the BaanDBServer, and then manually connect the BaanDBUser to the BaanUser, using a different session than this one.
Hopefully, someone can have an idea of what my problem might be.
Here is the error message:
Error from Database: Error-1, [MSQL logon failed. Connect error 0 from 'Microsoft-SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 08001) as 'sa' to server '.' [Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory] SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
I think my problem is that the session is attempting to connect to local BaanAppServer, rather than connect to remote BaanDBServer, since it says "." ... I think that "." usually means connecting to yourself, like in most directory languages, "." means connecting to yourself.
Is this my problem? How do I repair it? Is there a place to correct this linking?
Last edited by instant000 : 16th March 2009 at 19:12.