Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > CMS - Forum Integration > Polls and Surveys

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
33%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
6%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 49

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

View Poll Results: What is your solution/update strategy?
Pro-active (installation of monthly solution-collections just after release) 0 0%
Corrective/Re-active installation (only particular solutions are installed) 6 54.55%
No installation (the system has a "frozen" status, so no solutions are installed) 4 36.36%
I don't know 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2008, 14:00

peturba is on a distinguished road
Baan: 6.1 ERP LN - DB: Informix - OS: Solaris
Question System update strategy (installation of PMC/solutions)

Since Baan is not 100% error free it is recommended to keep it up to date by installing solutions. What is your update strategy?
Old 31st March 2008, 16:05

David Eagar is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5c (SP16) - DB: SQL2005 - OS: Windows 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by peturba View Post
Since Baan is not 100% error free it is recommended to keep it up to date by installing solutions. What is your update strategy?
Ours is Corrective, but of late, this seems to create more errors than it fixes. In the last 3 instances, installed solutions did not necessarily fix the problem, but DID create new ones, some quite serious
Old 31st March 2008, 17:59
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
As funny as it may seem I picked - I don't know. We typically do 1, maybe 2, service packs a year. At the same time we do on occasion install some individual solutions. As it is various was not a choice on the poll. And sometimes it seems like with the pre-req's required you might as well do a complete service pack installation.

And I also agree with David. There is not a guarantee that the recommended solution will fix a given problem. We have had one solution fix a problem and then the problem re-appears with a service pack. Not the best patch management.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 1st April 2008, 09:20

peturba is on a distinguished road
Baan: 6.1 ERP LN - DB: Informix - OS: Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
As funny as it may seem I picked - I don't know. We typically do 1, maybe 2, service packs a year. At the same time we do on occasion install some individual solutions. As it is various was not a choice on the poll. And sometimes it seems like with the pre-req's required you might as well do a complete service pack installation.
Agree. The poll should contain something like "mixed update strategy" option. But as this option is not available you can select the one which fits best for you (common update strategy).

For us it is difficult to keep the system up to date because of many customizations. The process of updating the customized components including testing is quite complex...
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread