Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
14%
200 - 500 GB
32%
500 - 800 GB
4%
800 - 1200 GB
4%
1200 - 1500 GB
11%
1500 - 2000 GB
14%
> 2000 GB
21%
Total votes: 28

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 25th March 2008, 14:17

Ash Gajjar is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5.2a - DB: oracle - OS: Windows XP
Disabling the first free number
Baan: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

I have some external data that will populate the cluster table (tsbsc100). It has its own unique key. I would very much like that to be the key in Baan.

Is there any way I can disable the series ? I know programmically I should be able to , but very much like to control it with parameters, settings etc
We run 5.2a but believe it is similar in LN

Grateful for any assistance

ash
Old 25th March 2008, 16:40

David Eagar is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5c (SP16) - DB: SQL2005 - OS: Windows 2003
you could possibly reset your first free number, import your data, and then reset your FFN to where it was, but WITH CARE, duplicates would cause chaos
Sponsored Links
Old 27th March 2008, 19:03

Ash Gajjar is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5.2a - DB: oracle - OS: Windows XP
Permanent

What I would like to do is permanently disable the FFN. We already have loads of records generated by the FFN. now external records have their own numbers which I want to have as the key.

Thanks
Old 28th March 2008, 20:00
Guru

shah_bs is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IVc3 with A&D2.2b - DB: ORACLE 9 - OS: HPUX
Unfortunately, First Free numbers cannot be disabled - the concept is embedded (at least in BAAN IV) in all the Order Type documents. You can, however, choose (at least in BAAN IV) between "No Series", "One Digit Series", or "Two Digit Series", taking an example from Purchase Order Parameters.

The other assumption is that your document number is numeric and sequential starting from some start number.

If you were lucky enough to have chosen "No Series" in your parameters, and you do not have any data yet in the system, then you just have to load the data, and then adjust the First Free Number to the maximum document number loaded.

It becomes more complicated if you have chosen other than "No Series".

It would be even more difficult to recommend a process where you already have data in the system.
Old 1st April 2008, 14:09
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
I did something like this in 4c4, I was loading data via exchange. Initially I had a condition script that looked up the first free number for a specific series then used that number to create the number and then updated the first free number table. But I later changed it so the external program created the number. So that the number series I used in my program couldn't be used in Baan, in the first free number session I changed that series to be blocked for input. If the data is loaded externally to baan then the block on the series just stops it from being used in a baan session. But your external application generating the data will have to take care of any duplication of the series number. The best way to start this is to create a specific order series for the external application. Block this series and then configure the external application to use this order series.