Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th October 2018, 19:16

lotius81 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN 10.4 - DB: SQL Server - OS: Windows Server 2008
StartDocPrinter call not issued
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP10 (Infor ERP 10.4)
DB: SQL Server 2012
C/S: Both

I have an odd issue, and I've been working with Infor tech support trying to solve it without any luck so far.

After a reboot of our LN application and database servers the other day we suddenly have several printers that won't print. All of them are networked devices, which are installed on a fileprint server and shared. LN then points to those shares in the setups for Device Data. The bizarre thing is that it's only a few of the devices. Most of them (20 or so) work just fine, it's only 3 that don't work. Looking at the event viewer on the application server I see this pair of events fire off every time any user attempts to print to those devices.

"A StartDocPrinter call was not issued. (context 'OnBeginPrinting')"
and
"StartDoc failed for device "\\fp1\SH-30".
Perhaps the logged on user is not allowed to use this device.
Exiting to avoid being hung in a messagebox."

The error events are fired by the "BwPrint" executable. So I've printed some test .bwp and .bpf files to file from LN . Opened the BwPrint program on the server itself (it's on the application server), and was able to open those test files and print them to the device in question without any problem.

These were devices that were working fine before the reboot. I've done uninstall/reinstalls. I've removed devices completely (including using regedit). Restarted the spooler service. Removed and re-added devices in LN itself. Nothing seems to work. I had this issue one time prior to this about a year ago and I found that actually renaming the device made it work again. But renaming devices every time this happens just isn't feasible for us.

Here's a kicker.. in the example above the device SH-30 on our fileprint server uses the same driver and points to the exact same IP address as our SH-30Y device. It's the same exact device, but just configured to print to different trays (Y for yellow paper, pick tickets). SH-30Y still works. SH-30 doesn't.

Has anyone run into an issue like this before? Any clues where to begin looking to solve this?

Thanks,
Rich
Sponsored Links