Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
As a Customer What would do to keep your ERP Implementation intact
Proactively define Business Process-- Take the Project Ownership
50%
Handover everything to System Integrator from drawing BP till implementation of ERP
13%
Hire more inhouse skilled & capable IT Resource to work directly with SI
38%
Rely on SI Architects/Consultants
0%
Total votes: 8

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 10th September 2020, 17:47

nryan93 is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IV - DB: SQL - OS: WINDOWS 10
BAAN Novice, Hours accounting for Project with subassemblies
Baan: Baan IVb2

Hello,

I am an engineer working on improving a specific product line's efficiency and the best way to accomplish this is through building multiple sub-assemblies at a time and combining said sub-assemblies in a final build.

My production manager tells me that it is impossible to account for the time spent on each sub-assembly in the final project and thus sub-assemblies are not a viable solution. This leads us to taking an entire BOM and phantomizing the entire build into over 200 parts.

Is there any way to create work-orders for 10 of a single sub-assembly and having the time for one of those sub-assemblies roll into the final time accounting for the overall project for a single final unit? Any resource i can be pointed to would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 14th September 2020, 14:52
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
We used to use A&D version of baan. We could build 30 of component and peg it to 15 potential customers. Each customer got an equal share of the cost of building those components. Technically I guess you could say the hours did not roll into the next higher, but the cost did. I am not sure about the commercial version of baan.

I would think there is a way to do what you are asking. I am just not sure how in the non-A&D world.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 25th September 2020, 17:52

john crystal is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4, Infor LN server and cloud - DB: Oracle - OS: HPUX
This should be possible using the small projects.

Just saw your question..

If you include all of the production orders for the subassemblies in the project along with the production order for the final assembly you should be fine. You will need to be sure that labor is being captured by it's own cost price component but then you should be able to report labor for the whole project.

John Crystal
www.jcrystalconsulting.com
Sponsored Links