Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > ION

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 23rd May 2018, 21:11

vik.patil is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: MS-SQL - OS: MS-WINDOWS
Unable to Insert Record in MS Sql Database from ION

Hi,

We are trying to create new Database Connection Point to Insert new Record in one of the Table in MS SQL Server. We have created new Stored Procedure to insert record by reading XML File. We have tested same from Database using XML file data template and it is working fine as able to get insert record into table. Now when we are testing same from ION and trying to Test Connection point we are getting following Error:
"Invoke operation 'TestAdapterConnection' failed. Adapter test connection failed: Failed executing sql statement for logicalId ' infor.database.connectiontest'. Cause: error converting data type nvarchar to int.

How to proceed with this error?

We have tested read database connection and we are able to get xml structure from database.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Vikram Patil
Sponsored Links
Old 24th May 2018, 09:37

bbhawesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN 4, BaaN ERP, Infor 10 Enterprise - DB: SQL Server - OS: Windows, Unix
Check the BOD XSD for the BOD specified under "Document to receive" for this document under your DB connection point. Possibly it is not in accordance with the datatypes in the table.
Old 24th May 2018, 15:58

vik.patil is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: MS-SQL - OS: MS-WINDOWS
Thanks for your reply.

Document mentioned in Document to Receive option is used with File Folder connection Point and same file is used in Management Studio to pass to Stored Procedure and able to add record but from ION getting mentioned Error.

Following are Steps I have done to create database connection Point:
1. Added new Database Connection Point
2. Added information such as Host Name, Port Number, Schema, User Name and Password on Connection Tab and Clicked Test and able to get message as Test Successful.
3. Click Add Button, Mentioned Procedure Name and selected Scenario as Write Database and added Statement as EXEC spInsertPickList @xmlData='[Data]';
4. Clicked Test and added Data XML into Test Window as per instruction and again clicked Test. I am getting error message as follows:
"Invoke operation 'TestAdapterConnection' failed. Adapter test connection failed: Failed executing sql statement for logicalId ' infor.database.connectiontest'. Cause: error converting data type nvarchar to int."
5. I have tried with adding Document to Receive.
6. I have tried same thing with Document Flow and getting same error.

Please let me know if any possible steps missing.

Regards,

Vikram