Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
19%
200 - 500 GB
27%
500 - 800 GB
4%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
7%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
25%
Total votes: 85

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 23rd March 2020, 19:37

berthold is on a distinguished road
Baan: InforLN 10.2.1 - DB: SQL-Server - OS: Windows
User interface objects vs. programmable dialogs
Baan: Infor ERP 10.2
C/S: Both

Hi all,

i've implemented a user-friendly gui for the touch-screen terminals in the production (big grid, big button, ..). The code is 3-GL and it works with the depricated API create.object(). Now i want to use an alternative API, the online-help gives a hint for the "programmable Dialoges". But here is no chance to give the sizes of the buttons and forms or am i wrong? Maybe there is another option?
Old 24th March 2020, 00:21

berthold is on a distinguished road
Baan: InforLN 10.2.1 - DB: SQL-Server - OS: Windows
Alternate API for deprecated functions

Hi all,

we have developed an InforLN program (FP8) which uses deprecated functions like create.object(). It is used for a touchscreen application and therefore it uses smart and big grids and buttons for easy pressing with fingers. With a look at the online help i can see the "programmable dialogs" is meant to be an alternate for the deprecated functions. But there is no possibility for sizing forms and buttons. Or do i overlook something? Maybe there is another option or api to use?
Sponsored Links
Old 24th March 2020, 14:57
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
AFAIK, there is no other way to do what you are looking for in LN. Programmable dialogs as you rightly said, does not have that capability. I once did play with the standard UI using java script wrapper which used to fiddle with the UI generated by LN which is quite cumbersome and tedious because you have to go through the source, find the elements to handle and play with them using DOM. But well, worked for me. I will be pleased to know if there is any alternatives.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!