Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th July 2005, 20:33

blanchap is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV c4 - DB: Oracle 10g - OS: HP-UX 11.23
Question sales order line tax vs sales order header tax

Hi,

i need to verify something regarding the tax field on the sales order header and tax field on the sales order lines.

I have a sales order for customer A (where customer has tax field to yes in customer master but tax code is OUT 0%), and i have a line in that sales order for item B (where tax field is at 7% in item master).

When i print the invoice, i'm charging a tax of 7%. If my customer is set to 0% tax, shouldn't the invoice also be at 0% even if the line is getting the item tax by default?

Regards

PB
Old 20th July 2005, 01:21
Guru

tjbyfield is on a distinguished road
Baan: baan4c4 - DB: oracle 805 - OS: AIX 4.3.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchap
...When i print the invoice, i'm charging a tax of 7%. If my customer is set to 0% tax, shouldn't the invoice also be at 0% even if the line is getting the item tax by default?...
There are several different "tax" approaches and localisations to cater for the many different tax requirements around the world. We use vanilla BaanIVc4 with the standard vat capability. With this version (yours sounds if it it uses the same fileds and logic) the tax field in the cistomer master is used only for default in the sales header. This field can then be changed to either yes or no and then this is used to determine whether to get the item tax code for inclusion in the sales detail record. (on one order some items may be taxable and others not depending in tax laws in the particular country)

In other words it is the tax code in the sales detail record that determines whether tax is charged on a particular line item or not and at what rate.

Terry

(bon jour monsieur : Montreal is a wonderful city, I lived in St Laurent for 3 of my best years late 1960's)

Last edited by tjbyfield : 20th July 2005 at 01:31.
Sponsored Links