Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > AFS/DDC/OLE: Function servers

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 21st September 2017, 16:33
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Wink Session hangs in AFS

Hi,

We have a small routine which simply updates warehouse in all production orders from C to BR. What this session does is find all the production orders where the warehouse code is " C" and replaces it with warehouse " BR" using stpapi calls.

The session executes properly but when we try to end the session, it just hangs. I have attached portion of the script if someone can find what causes the session to hang.

Vishal
Attached Files
File Type: cln tisfc9201.cln (985 Bytes, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 21st September 2017, 17:20
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Is this 4c4 or LN? The reason I ask is because I would end tisfc0505m000 first then tisfc0101m000. If you can put it in debug mode and check the back ground processes. Sometimes (not always) if it hangs like this you are not closing them in the right order. You can let it hang - see if you see another subsession (like in your code I see an end on tisfc0501m000 right after it) - just use kill on it. See if the code then takes off running again.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:29
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Hello Mark,

This is Baan IVc4. And one more thing, when I try to change warehouse through session, it just gives message "Order is 7 days late". When I click OK, it just gives another message "Estimated BOM and routing will be reset to standard". Once I click OK, the record is just saved with new warehouse . But the same thing does not happen with with AFS. Do I have to handle this messages inside AFS ? I assume I don't have to as this is just informative messages.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by VishalMistry : 21st September 2017 at 17:39.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:49
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Yes - you would hand messages inside the afs. Of course if they are just plain warning messages then nothing needs to be done. But if it is like a yes or no question then you set the answer before the question pops up in the code. I am not sure anything needs to be done for the 2 questions you mention.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.