Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
As a Customer What would do to keep your ERP Implementation intact
Proactively define Business Process-- Take the Project Ownership
50%
Handover everything to System Integrator from drawing BP till implementation of ERP
0%
Hire more inhouse skilled & capable IT Resource to work directly with SI
50%
Rely on SI Architects/Consultants
0%
Total votes: 4

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 20th May 2020, 11:53

raviteja.m123@g is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN10.4 - DB: SQL - OS: WINDOWS
Facing problem in executing 3GL after the execution of Standard Session

Hello All,

I have a requirement to execute a piece of code(3GL Script) after the execution of a standard session 'Change Company'.
I have tried writing the logic in after.command of end.program command in session extension of change company. But the logic is not getting triggered as the after.choice will not trigger for end.program and abort.program.
Can some one help me in achieving this..

Thank you in Advance.
Old 20th May 2020, 13:06
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I used the before choice events for getting something to execute before the session ended. This was on 4c4.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 20th May 2020, 15:46
Guru

JaapJD will become famous soon enoughJaapJD will become famous soon enough
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP, ERP LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: Unix, Windows
after.command of end.program is not logical... I would try before.command of end.program and call the command.super() to execute the possible before.choice of the standard session first. But note that Change Company is a rather strange session. It shows ttdsk2007m000, but under the hood it is ttdsk2003m000 (you can see that in the session properties).
Old 26th May 2020, 07:37

raviteja.m123@g is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN10.4 - DB: SQL - OS: WINDOWS
Thank you Jaap and Mark for your replies.My requirement is something like as follows.
when we do change company, the Menu Browser will be refreshed based on the Roles for the user.
we have multiple companies, there will be different roles for the user in different companies, So when the users changes the company, I will update the roles (in when.field.changes section of company) from the custom table to the roles table.
But when the change company session ends, I need to update the roles table with the users default company roles(if he restarts he will needs to display the menu based on default companies roles).

So I need to trigger the insertion logic after the Change Company Session Ends...
Sponsored Links
Old 26th May 2020, 14:14
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I see what you are asking for, but I do not know an answer. We always had them log into the only other company we had with production. We created company logins - we only had 1 other company (not a copy of production, but a simulation company) and not many users. So they had their production id's like mark_h and another with XXXmark_h. Like I said only 1 other company and only a few users. This way they got different dem flows for the 2 companies.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.