Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Freight Management

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 8th November 2005, 19:24

sandeepmarwha is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Windows 2000
FM - Carrier selection in freight orders

Hi ,

We are using Ln version 6.1 a.

While using transportation (Freight mgmt), I had enclounter the following issue.

Carrier is defined in logistics table and attached to a supplier ( say "x")

The carrier is defined for a shipping office and planner group (thru session carrier by shipping office and planning group)

when I generate a Fright order for a Purchase order for supplier "Y" ( having warehouse which is attached to same shipping office ) , freight order gets generated for same shipping company and planner group but the carrier field is blank and I am unable to enter value in this field manually as the field is disabled.

When I am trying to generate plan ( direct shipping method ) against the same freight order , error msg "NO carrier available"

One way to reslove this problem is enter carrier in purchase order header / line , then it gets updated in freight order when the freight order is generateded.

But I want planning to select carrier based on the parameter setting ( like cheapest / shortest / fastest)

Do u have any soln .... pls help

Sandeep Marwha
Old 9th November 2005, 14:56

hotjens is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: NT
Something indicated on item?

What you indicate should work. Of course it could be that in your setup you have for example indicated that a certain transport type or combination code needs to be taken into account for the item(s) on the purchase order. If carrier X does not have suitable transport groups that could result in a problem to use the carrier.
All in all you really need to revisit your setup.
Old 5th October 2018, 19:14

Marius Titulesc is on a distinguished road
Baan: none - DB: Clearvision - OS: Windows 7
My recommendation is Cargolution transport company. I've been working with them for a couple of months and the feedback so far is great!
Sponsored Links