Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
29%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
7%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
24%
Total votes: 58

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th August 2003, 16:36
Guru

learner is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
Login Problem

Hello,

I have installed BaaN IV c4 on Win NT 4.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.7) as Database. Porting set is latest i.e. 6.1c.07

Now when i created a user in baan and linked it with O/s user and database user, everything works fine, i am able to login using that newly created user.

but the moment i take Administrative rights from the user at Win NT O/S Level, it doesn't allow me to login into BaaN. I am herewqith attaching a screen shot of the BW message that i got. I checked it again & again , and whenever i make him a member of Adminsitrative Group at O/S Level, it works absolutely without any problem.

I am sure that there is no compulsion from BaaN that the user which is made at O/S level should be a member of Administration Group.

Also one more thing i would like to add to this is that aftr BW windows comes up with the error message, a message box also comes saying as wrong user name / password, & i am very sure that i am inserting right user name & password.

Can anybody suggest me where i am doing the mistake ???

Regards

Learner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg login_error.jpg (28.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 19th August 2003, 18:14
Guru

Markus Schmitz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4 - DB: Oracle8i/9i/10g - OS: HP-Ux11i
Hi Learner,

I think you have to give your user the "local logon" permission in the policy. Just because, the user exists in NT, does not mean, he is allowed to locally login to the server. Test, wether you can login to the windows NT server with this user.

Regards

Markus
Old 20th August 2003, 06:24
Guru

Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
as u say

Hello,

As per your sugesstion it tried login in to Win NT using this test user, but it din't allowed me to do so. It gave me the following message " The local policy of the system does not permit you to login interactively "

Right now this test user is a member of following groups

USERS
DOMAIN USERS

Kindly tell me how do i give " local logon permission " in the policy.

Regards

Learner
Old 20th August 2003, 09:19

Warans is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: Informix - OS: Unix / Win 2000
Did you try something like this:

Let the O/S user be ordinary user with O/S group USERS alone.

When linking baan user (normal user) with Database user, try linking with already existing database user (need not necessarily be Super user or Database Administrator) ? Just to check this scenario...

I had worked in BaaN IV c4 with SQL server on NT 4.0 and I did not face any problems when creating normal user and linking with database user (of its own).
Old 20th August 2003, 15:13
Guru

Hello,

As u suggessted i tried removing this test user membership from DOMAIN USER Group, but in doesn't allows me to do so.

well i tried linking it with an exisitng database user, but it was of no use, the moment i made him member of Admin group at O/S level it worked........

now what should i do ???

Regards

Learner
Old 20th August 2003, 16:20
Guru

EdHubbard is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4 MCR - DB: MS SQL Server 2000 - OS: Windows 2003 Server
I think in NT User Manager for domains you should create a new group called "Baan users". Give that group the right to log on locally. i haven't an NT 4 system available anymore to be absolutely sure where you select this right but I think it is at the top of the screen - there is a long list of rights.
Old 20th August 2003, 16:30
Guru

I think the option you want is "Policies" - then you get the drop down list of rights from which you select "log on locally".
Old 21st August 2003, 12:23
Guru

Hello,

Thanks that helped. As u suggested i created a new Global Group with the name "BaaN Users" and assigned a role as "Login Locally" and then i made test user as the member of this Global Group, and it worked.

Just one more question .... granting this user as member of "BaaN Group" more than enough ??
Sponsored Links
Old 21st August 2003, 12:28
Guru

Yes - I can't recall changing any thing else.