1) TOOLS | APPLICATION CONFIGURATION | MAINTAIN COMPANIES:
Create a record in this session for your new company. Go to the Application pull down and select
Convert to Runtime.
2) EXIT THE BSHELL BY LEAVING THE MENU BROWSER AND RE-ENTER. This step insures that the changes you have made become active and available for the rest of the procedure.
3) TOOLS | DATABASE MANAGEMENT (MISCELLANEOUS) | CREATE TABLES
You should create ALL of the possible tables here as it is difficult to predict usually exactly which tables your new company will use and which ones it will not.
4) CHANGE COMPANIES
Up to this point, it has either been impossible or undesirable to be in the new company. It is now
necessary that you change companies to the newly created blank company. You have to do it thru user
managemant (Tools/ User Management/General User Data/Maintain User Data) . If package combinations
for both the companies are different then this step will not work. Then you can initialize parameters.
5) COMMON | PARAMETERS | INITIALIZE PARAMETERS
6) COMMON | TABLES | LOGISTICS TABLES | MAINTAIN COUNTRIES
Insert one or more country codes for the new company.
7) COMMON | TABLES | LOGISTICS TABLES | MAINTAIN LANGUAGES
Insert one or more language codes for the new company.
8) COMMON | TABLES | FINANCE TABLES | MAINTAIN CURRENCIES
Insert one or more currency codes for the new company.
9) COMMON | COMMON DATA | COMPANY DATA | MAINTAIN COMPANY DATA
Fill in the data for your new company.
10) FINANCE | GENERAL LEDGER | MASTER DATA | MAINTENANCE | COMPANY PARAMETERS
Fill in the parameters for the new company. Here, it will be necessary to accept the defaults and
to fill in as little as possible to write the record. Some of the data requested in this session have
not been established for this company and some of the parameters in this session are required to
establish the data. The way around this is to specify as little as possible now and later, when all
the tables and parameters elsewhere are finished, to come back and clean this session up. For
example, for the Fiscal Year, use 0000 for now until period data can be made. When there is at
least one years worth of periods and the year has a closing data (see below), then you can come
back here and change this information to include the correct year. Also, with the exception of
History Company, any place a company number is requested should be filled in with the current
company number unless you want to use group company finances. In that case, the appropriate
company number should be used.
11) FINANCE | GENERAL LEDGER | MASTER DATA | MAINTENANCE | GROUP COMPANY PARAMETERS
You MUST fill this in even if you will not be using group company finances. In the instance that
you will not be using group finances, fill in the current company number for every place a
company number is required.
¡¡¡Remind that it is necessary go to Special option and fill the dimension descriptions¡¡¡
12) FINANCE | GENERAL LEDGER | MASTER DATA | MAINTAIN PERIODS (tfgld0105m000)
You should now be able to enter periods. Do so in accordance with the company parameters
established (you specified in company parameters how many periods per year you wanted for this
company and that is how many you will be permitted here. If you answered that incorrectly in
company parameters, go back now and change it.) Be sure that when you are done at least with
the year that will be the fiscal year, if not all years, you save the record, go to Application and
select Maintain end dates by fiscal year. Supply an end of year date for the currently displayed
13) FINANCE | GENERAL LEDGER | MASTER DATA | MAINTAIN LOGISTIC COMPANIES BY FINANCIAL COMPANY
14) FINISH EVERYTHING UP
Now you may wish to go back and change your company parameters, enter more table data, or
resolve other issues elsewhere in the company. All of the required work should now be complete.
Fill paremeters tables, periods,....