Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 15th March 2005, 11:43

PeterH is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: Oracle 8 - OS: unix
Connection problem

Hi all of you outthere,

Since a couple of mounths we're facing the following problem. When working with baan, baanclient b40c.76, out of the blue, the connection with the server hangs. Sometime waiting a minute or more, the connection is back or there 's a message that the connection is lost. To try and solve this problem I started a couple of dos-boxes in which I ping, with -t option, the baan server, an other windows file server and the router.

Result is that in the baan-dosbox i get no response,while the other boxes are ok.

Is or has someone facing/faced a simular problem, if so, please give me your solution.

Thanks Peter.
Old 15th March 2005, 17:00
Guru

Markus Schmitz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4 - DB: Oracle8i/9i/10g - OS: HP-Ux11i
Hi Peter,

the way you describe it, it should be pretty clear, that this is not a problem caused by the baan application, but caused on the Tcp/IP level.

Do all Bann users face this problem at the same time? If so, then the Baan server might have an issue.

If only a single user at the time has the problem, then most likely a network device (switch) on the way is causing the problem.

If you connect a PC and the baan server directly with a hib (not switch), do you still have the problem?

Regards

Markus
Old 16th March 2005, 08:25

PeterH is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: Oracle 8 - OS: unix
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reaction. I forgot to mention that this problem only appears with users who are on a remote location. In the building there is never connection problem.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Old 16th March 2005, 10:16
Guru

Markus Schmitz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4 - DB: Oracle8i/9i/10g - OS: HP-Ux11i
Hi Peter,

then it sounds to me more then ever like a simple network problem. How are the clients connected? VPN? Leased Line? Is there a firewall in between? Is the firewall dropping packets?
Old 16th March 2005, 20:55
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Refer to the following solutions on the BaaN/SSA support knowledge base -

Solution : 105481 Slow WAN/Modem link, extended latency through network, causing timeouts in BW (err 10053, 10054, 10060,10065), Server communication timeout

Solution : 19868 Timeout Detect mechanism (ds_timeout_detect, ds_max_wait) in BaanIVb, c, ERP.

Xref T:105481: Slow WAN/Modem link, extended latency through network, causing timeouts in BW (err 10053, 10054, 10060,10065), Server communication timeout