Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
30%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
7%
1200 - 1500 GB
10%
1500 - 2000 GB
13%
> 2000 GB
20%
Total votes: 30

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 27th November 2007, 09:28

Protea is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP3 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows NT
Integration transactions for project purchase orders
Baan: ERP LN 6.1

Hello,
is there anybody who understands the integration transactions for a project purchase order from the moment of matching the purchase invoice in ERP Ln?

In BaaN IV there were 4 integration document types for project purchase order
1.Commitment Entry = Soft Commitment
2.Commitment Entry (Order) = GRN
3. Commitment Reverse Entry = Reversal after AP matching
4. Invoice (Purchase Order) = Acc Payable Entry (Actual Cost)

The steps in Ln are as follows
1. Project Purchase Order creates Soft Commitment in Material Commitments --> no entry in integration transaction

2. Warehouse Receipt creates the reversal of Soft Commitment and creates hard commitment in Material commitments --> logical integration transactions

3. Purchase Order match and approval

The process seems to stop stops with step 2 in ERP Ln. Where are the integration transactions for step 3? I expect the reversal of the GRINYA account 166090 (Goods received invoice not yet approved)and an entry in the Actual WIP (Work in process) account ?
And which project transactions and integration entries represent the material price difference in the event of unbalanced purchase invoices (purchase order amount varies fro purchase invoice)?

Sponsored Links
Old 28th November 2007, 20:52
Guru

ulrich.fuchs is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, LN6.1 - DB: --- - OS: ---
In short: LN separates the purchase process from the warehouse process. For a receipt you get two integration transactions: Purchase/Receipt (Interim account against GRNYIA) and Warehouse/Receipt (Stock against Interim account). Purchase order approval does not generate any integration transaction concerning GRINYA. In Baan IV it did so only for purchase price variances. There is a different concept now in LN, those differences create "stock difference" (not sure about the english name, ist "Bestandsabweichung" in german) records in the whina module. Those difference have to be processed and create new integration transactions types, but it depends on how the valuation price is determined (against MAUC, FTP...), what transactions occur.

Dipl. Ing. Ulrich Fuchs
- ERP consulting and software development -
Widumestra├če 18 - 44787 Bochum - Germany
mail@ulrich-fuchs.de - www.ulrich-fuchs.de
http://all-in-for-erp.com (Blog zu Infor LN))
Old 29th November 2007, 03:24

Protea is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP3 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows NT
Integration Transactions - FTP versus MAUC

Hi Ulrich,
thanks for your reply and some clarification about the different concepts of Ln and BaaN IV.
I will continue to test and see if I get anywhere with the new information.

I found quite interesting to read that the warehouse valuation method triggers different integration transactions.
Currently the standard items in our system are maintained as Fixed Transfer prices. However in light of implementing project warehousing and achieving the correct financial results, the valauation method for standard items used in project purchase orders might change to MAUC. And that in turn results as I have just learned in differnt integration transaction......

Would you mind giving me a second lesson in English or German. Both languagea are fine for me.