Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
30%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
8%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
23%
Total votes: 66

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 13th May 2019, 08:20

saumya is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN, ION - DB: Oracle - OS: unix
Is there any other way I can start job from script.
MY requirement has other things as well, which is working fine through afs.
Only activating job is giving issue. If any other way please suggest, but this has to be written in script only.

Thanks.
Old 13th May 2019, 13:58
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by saumya View Post
Yes, Linked session is getting invoked.But it doesnt process anything there. When I debug control will go before.program section, field section(in case they exists), but doesnt go to execute processing which can be print or continue option. control will return and AFS will be hanged doing nothing. When we manually execute job, it will go to before.program, field section then will go to print/continue option.
Can you see what code is being executed in the before program section before it jumps to print/continue? Is there are variable or something that is not getting set thru using AFS process. I know before I had to set some variables in my code - then use qkey (source extension) to get the variables imported into the called program before it would work. Not sure if that is the case here or not.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:35

I created that dummy session, so nothing worth there. Its not going to print/cont option thats the issue.
Old 13th May 2019, 19:56
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
Joining the party late, I am still unclear on many things to suggest an alternative solution and why it needs to be a job etc.

Quote:
i want to execute ".exe" which is working fine from BECS, but requirement is to execute same thing from LN UI and i am not getting any LN UI specific function to execute ".exe", so if i do it using job there will be no question of LN UI.
There is a big difference between the Business Requirements vs Technical Design. The business/end users do not tell you how to Design the Solution, to use exe's, functions or DLL's etc. but the Technical Lead/Architect does.

Quote:
This code will execute session linked to job, but it goes to before.program/field section, but not going to continue option. Please Help?
Quote:
Can you see what code is being executed in the before program section before it jumps to print/continue? Is there are variable or something that is not getting set thru using AFS process. I know before I had to set some variables in my code - then use qkey (source extension) to get the variables imported into the called program before it would work. Not sure if that is the case here or not.
Refer to - Flow of 4GL engine

4GL choice sections

Quote:
38 cont.process Continue process. Supported only for running Print/Update sessions in job mode. When the session runs in job mode and this choice section is not implemented, the default form command will be executed. ---4 ---4 ---4

40 run.job Run job of session 1234 1234 1234
Sponsored Links
Old 15th May 2019, 08:29

Thats what its not going to default command of linked session. I created dummy session so it doesnt have any validation.