Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 21st July 2004, 02:32

garias is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV b2, c2, c2 mcurr, Baan V ERP, Infor LN - DB: Oracle, Informix, SQL - OS: AIX, Solaris, Windows NT
Unhappy Windows printing Baan V ERP bwprint

I have Baan ERP V 5.c
The laest portingset
The laest BW version (and bwprint also)

In windows:
I have a windows printer with two paper types (A4, LM)
LM is a special continues paper (the middle of letter format)
LM is the default paper type in propieties printer in windows

In Baan
I have many type of papers, but two in special A4 and LM
and also I have a Device (windows printer) EPSON to send reports from baan to windows printer. I work fine, no problem.

I send a report in Baan with a Device EPSON, and Paper Type LM (to printer or to preview) the report work fine and show me in the correct LM paper type of windows because its a default paper in my windows printer.

The problem:
If I take another report (example a standar report of employees) and I select my Device EPSON, and other type of paper: A4, when I send to preview or printer It use the LM paper. The user need to send to preview and chance from bwprint menu the paper that is correct.

Is there a maner that the paper type select in Baan (ttstpsplopen) send to bwprint information that the bwprint select automatically the correct type of paper in windows ???

I reviewed a lot of information:
Quick Guides
windowsprinting.doc
baanboard
etc...

But I couldn´t find a solution.

in the windowsprinting doc say:
"
In “Select Device” you have also to select the Paper Type, for example “A4”. But this papertype is not made a part of the bwprint options. In other words, the Paper Type information is not used by bwprint. It is only used by “Select Device” (ottstpsplopen & ottstpsplclose), to check whether the report fits on this Paper Type. (for example: A4). In session “Maintain Fonts by Papertype”, you specify for each Baan Font the Character Height. In case the number of lines of the report becomes bigger, then fits on the selected Paper Type, “Select Device” will give a warning that the Report does not fit on the paper.
"
and also:
"
Bwprint default takes the A4 papersize, the Paper Size is not controlled from Baan.
(The Paper Type selected in Baan, is only used by Baan to determine when to write aheader, detail or footer section to the tmp-file).

Only the number of lines is controlled from Baan. (Refer to paragraph about Bwprint options header)
"

Somebody have an idea ??

regards

Gerard
Sponsored Links
Old 21st July 2004, 08:40

sibon1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 6 FP3 - DB: Oracle and SQL - OS: Windows 2008
Thumbs up

i can give you information, how we do in BaanIV - hope in BaanV it is the same:

Baan prints in the standard always to a virtually bin 0; you can change this in the report script:

spool.pr.line = pc$(4) | change virtually bin from 0 to 4

in the preview of bwprint you can assign the virtually bin to a bin of your printer!! This setting is stored in the registry of your local pc (see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Baan - bwprint - bins)!

Hope this helps you.
Jo
Old 21st July 2004, 17:09

garias is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV b2, c2, c2 mcurr, Baan V ERP, Infor LN - DB: Oracle, Informix, SQL - OS: AIX, Solaris, Windows NT
Thumbs up A partial solution

Sibon1:

Your solution is good, but I need to change every report to put that sentence. And sometimes I would like to review an report in A4 other time in Continue paper Letter, other time in other format, and so on.

Other Solution that I found:
=====================
Paper Size are always “Device Specific”. That means, that the Paper Size is stored in the Windows Registry for the specific Baan Printer Device.
In case you have a special paper format in another paper tray of the printer, you can create in Baan a special Printer Device. Using bwprint, store the Device Specific Paper Size for this Baan Printer Device and map the Paper Bin to the correct Printer Tray.
Now, when printing from Baan, using this device, the other Paper Tray with the special paper format is selected.

The Device Specific Paper Size are stored in the Windows Registry at:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\<Name of the Baan printer device>]
"Form"=dword:0000002a
"FormWidth"=dword:00000b9a
"FormHeight"=dword:00001068

The dword values depends on the Paper Size selected.

With this solution, selecting the device (that is directly linked to the paper type) because it is registred in the windows registry.

Ok this solution is good, but also I need to define one device in baan for every kind of paper that I am using.

I think that It would be a important new characteristic for bwprint: Receive of baan (ttstpsplopen) the type of paper selected in baan and automatically select the same type of paper in windows.

Ok, somebody have another idea ??

regards

Gerard
Old 4th November 2005, 12:55

Viplov is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: oracle - OS: Unix,Solaris & windows
Garias:

You will have to set the page setting to A4 in your windows default printer. Information is stored in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<PrinterName\PaperSize
Old 4th November 2005, 13:01

rishipal is on a distinguished road
Garias:

I agree with viplov....but at the time of printing the printer should be set as default, if multiple printer is configured in the system. Apart from this you can also adjust the non-printable area of the printer..

Regards,

Rishi
Old 4th November 2005, 13:19

Dear Rishi

This is not a problem of non-printable area. It is concerned with the default paper settings of the printer.
Old 2nd January 2006, 20:38

greasedman is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV - DB: Oracle - OS: Win 2k sp4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viplov
Information is stored in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<PrinterName\PaperSize
I got the same trouble, but I don't have the PaperSize reg for our continues paper printer. Anyway, i need to create a device for that specific printer with LETTER format, instead of its A4 default format.

I've already set letter paper as default paper type in printer proprieties, but baan still prints like the paper is A4 format...
Old 3rd January 2006, 11:45

Hi,

Have you create any paper type for LETTER printing in Baan ?
Old 16th January 2006, 16:48

greasedman is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV - DB: Oracle - OS: Win 2k sp4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viplov
Hi,

Have you create any paper type for LETTER printing in Baan ?
I have created a special paper type, but changing its height it changes just the page break, but not paper height, that keep controlled by paper type in bwprint...