Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
18%
200 - 500 GB
29%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
8%
1200 - 1500 GB
8%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
23%
Total votes: 77

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 4th October 2019, 11:36

tmannais is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 - DB: MSSQL - OS: Windows
How to print another report from report script or extension?
Baan: Infor ERP 10.6
C/S: Both

Hi,

There is a standard session that I do not have the source code.
When a user prints from that session, there will be a list of reports to select.
When a specific report is selected to print, it must automatically print another report with it using the same set of data that the selected report is printed.
Is it possible?

I have tried
- brp.open()
- spool.open()
- AFS
for both the report script, session extension, and report extension.
None of them works.

Regards,
Thana
Sponsored Links
Old 4th October 2019, 13:57

I have also tried Vamsi's Wrapper Scripts to extend somewhere the printing process but to no avail.
Anyone got a suggestion?
Old 4th October 2019, 17:32

okneb1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV to LN 10.6 - DB: SQL or Oracle - OS: Win/Unix
I presume you have ES 10.6; have you already tried with "Get Alternative Report" hook on report extension?
Old 7th October 2019, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by okneb1 View Post
I presume you have ES 10.6; have you already tried with "Get Alternative Report" hook on report extension?
I tried it. When the report is printed, it prints alternative report instead, which is not what I am looking for.
I want to print both the selected report and another report.
Old 7th October 2019, 16:48
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
How did AFS not work? I mean you run one session and get a report, and then run a second session to get another report. Of course I am assuming they are different scripts that actually generate report data - just happens to be the same data.

Now if you are running the first report and then want to use the data actually in that report to send to another report that is different. What I would do - is run the report to disc, then run it again to printer. Then I would have my own script to read in the disc version of the report, format or create variables, etc. then feed what I read into another report.

What I actually did once was run a series of reports to disc via over night jobs. These were all Work center related reports. Then a user could come in the next morning, put in his/her work center in a session, click continune. I would then read thru those 4 or 5 reports and only pull the information for their workcenter. Now mine was easy cause I had to do was read the header records, fine the work center - then just straight up print that page. My report was a single layout with one field - like a 188 character field. That kept the page break correct even with all the blank lines.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 8th October 2019, 04:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
How did AFS not work? I mean you run one session and get a report, and then run a second session to get another report. Of course I am assuming they are different scripts that actually generate report data - just happens to be the same data.

Now if you are running the first report and then want to use the data actually in that report to send to another report that is different. What I would do - is run the report to disc, then run it again to printer. Then I would have my own script to read in the disc version of the report, format or create variables, etc. then feed what I read into another report.

What I actually did once was run a series of reports to disc via over night jobs. These were all Work center related reports. Then a user could come in the next morning, put in his/her work center in a session, click continune. I would then read thru those 4 or 5 reports and only pull the information for their workcenter. Now mine was easy cause I had to do was read the header records, fine the work center - then just straight up print that page. My report was a single layout with one field - like a 188 character field. That kept the page break correct even with all the blank lines.
Thanks Mark. I will try what you suggested.