Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
17%
200 - 500 GB
17%
500 - 800 GB
6%
800 - 1200 GB
6%
1200 - 1500 GB
17%
1500 - 2000 GB
17%
> 2000 GB
22%
Total votes: 18

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 20th June 2002, 04:44

rdheeraj is on a distinguished road
Very Urgent: Problem regarding Create Runtime Dictionary

Hello,

We have baanivc4, sql7.0. I loaded service pack 5 on my server. The installation was ok. I created runtime dicitonary for standard baan with all options selected, no problem came. When i executed the same for our Live Package VRC, it dumps domains,sessions,help, but for reconfiguration table it says 'Error during File configuratio;try again(Yes/No)'. I tried lot many times the same step, but the error remains the same.

Please guide on this problem, thanx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 20th June 2002, 05:26
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
the normal way is go through all the error messages and fix the missing domains, convert them to runtime DD successfully, logout & log back in and then try for the tables and hopefully they succeed...!!!

I found some info from my old emails -
Quote:
Use the NOT RECOMMENDED work around. Baan stores the reconfigure/restart info in tables. I deleted the entries in the following tables:
ttadv501 Reconfiguration Indicators
ttadv502 Conversion Parameteres Table def. / Domains
ttadv503 Reconfiguring Restart Data
I think that deleting out of ttadv503 would have been enough, but I'm not sure.
Recreating the tc domain by itself but it wouldn't let me because if saw that it had a table that needed to be reconfigured.
The proper thing to do here would be a full create runtime data dictionary on b52axyz instead, I renamed dtc.pd.new to dtc.pd to pick up the new domain.
Old 21st June 2002, 06:13

Hello,

As per the not recommeded work around i deleted from ttadv503, again started creating data dictionary, same problem came. Let me tell you that, domains,tables,sessions,txtdefintions for Live goes on smoothly. The error only comes when it starts Reconfiguring tables. This only happens for Live package combination. For standard no problem comes. Is it possible that the tables in Live package combination does not need to be reconfigured as they are part of standard package combination also. The exact error that comes during reconfiguring tables is "Error During File Configuration;Try again".

Your reply is anxiously awaited.

Regards

Dk
Old 21st June 2002, 06:29
Guru

Baan: Baan 4-5,5.2(Reger),LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle,MS-SQL - OS: HPUX, Linux, Windows
I can only suggest to check all the 3 tables for the entries-ttadv501/502/503 and also the application locks (ttadv9598m00) and start the process afresh.

I cannot think of anything else than checking up the error logfiles -

using ttstperrlog, $BSE/log/log.reconfig and also

use $ ll -lrt in $BSE/log for the most recent modified files and view the contents to find which domains and tables have problems.
Old 21st June 2002, 11:02
Guru

victor_cleto is on a distinguished road
Baan: none (B40c4 was last) - DB: Oracle - OS: Linux (RHEL)
CRTDD and permissions

This usually happens when bsp cannot move the .new file into the proper domain/table def.
Check the permissions of the data dictionary, some files may be owned by somebody else, with the wrong permissions, and bsp is not beeing able to overwrite them.
Search for any *.new files under $BSE/dict, you'll know which ones failed the reconfigure.
Old 21st June 2002, 13:32

Dear Victor,

Your reply seems to be fine. As I face this problem only while creating Run Time Dictionary for Live Package combination. The creation of Runtime for Standard Package combination has no problem. We have some customisations in Live package VRC, and may be they are owned by somebody else. You are requested to tell me following three things.

1. From where to verify Permissions on Data Dictionary

2. How to create Runtime Data Dictionary for these
components
3. How to rectify them or assign Permissions

Regards

Dk
Old 21st June 2002, 15:07

J Martin Young is on a distinguished road
Baan: All - DB: SQL,Oracle - OS: NT/2000/Unix
A couple of questions.

Did you get any error messages in the Event Viewer or anywhere else, e.g. 512 corrupt Data Dictionary?

Is the Live Package Combination in Shared Memory?

Regards,

Martin Young
Old 21st June 2002, 19:28
Guru

Hi Dk,

Answers to your questions -

Quote:
1. From where to verify Permissions on Data Dictionary
-$BSE/dict/dd[name of package combination]
If you are on Unix you can do this -
$ cd $BSE/dict

2. How to create Runtime Data Dictionary for these
components
- ttadv5210m000, ttadv5215m000

3. How to rectify them or assign Permissions
$ chown -R bsp:bsp dd[pacc]
$ chmod -R 775 dd[pacc]
Old 23rd June 2002, 13:22

Hello Rao,

I was seeing NT Viewer Log during Create Runtime Dictionary for Live Package Combination, there I saw a error message for bdbreconfig and it says Error 108 for creage all indexes, key word is trtcd000, and the next message says The audit server setup is not correct Drop Orignal table error 251. This message also for bdbreconfig

We do have auditing, and is not working properly. Can it be a cause that system displays error message "Error opening file; try again' during reconfiguring tables. Now suppose before creating Runtime, I want to remove everything that is audited or u can say that whatever auditing was there I want to remove it completely, from my system. Can you pls tell me the steps for doing that on Windows NT BaanIV C4.

Secondly, we have Windows NT and BaanIV SP7. The answers giving to preceding reply were for UNIX. So can you please do it for NT. I appreciate you for all the work done for me

Regards
DK