Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
0%
200 - 500 GB
25%
500 - 800 GB
0%
800 - 1200 GB
0%
1200 - 1500 GB
0%
1500 - 2000 GB
75%
> 2000 GB
0%
Total votes: 4

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th September 2008, 12:37

Dinushi Senanay is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP Ln 6.1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Solaris 9i
Unhappy approved purchase invoice error
Baan: ERP LN 6.1

Hi,

We have unapproved purchase invoice (registered & Matched) for some supplier. When we try to approve these invoices thorough match/approve purchase invoice session (tfacp2507m000) but we can’t approve invoice. we put invoice balance for other account thorough additional cost select. We getting error “Additional cost too high not authorization for addition cost” but we select additional cost full authorization for above user in purchase invoice authorization (tfacp0150m000) session.

Please help for this problem, previously we approved registered invoice in baanIVc.

Thanks in advance
Dinushi
Old 5th September 2008, 13:19

Leerkes is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanV, LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Hi there,

The error comes because the system cannot find the correct record in tfacp006.
In this table you can setup the tolerances per user, financial company, enterprise unit and department. The idea of this is as follows:
1) If you approve the system will go by all matched order lines and will only save the financial company, if it is the same on all the order lines. The same goes for the enterprise unti and department.
2) With the outcome of 1) the system will look in tfacp006 with that set of user, financial company, enterprise unit and department.
3) If if finds a record in 2) then the system stops otherwise it iterates with first departement empty, then also enterprise unit empty and then also company empty (which means zero).

This functionality was created in the 5.2a (Reger) release. The idea was, I guess, that you can give a user only 100 EUR price difference authorization for an order coming from purchase office "A", but maybe 30 EUR for an order coming from purchase office "B".
I do not believe that this functionality is used much.

In your scenario you do not have matched order lines, this means that the outcome of step 1) will be a financial company of zero, an empty enterprise unit and an empty department.
I guess therefore that you did not enter a record for the relevant use with company zero, empty enterprise unit and empty department. It is wise to setup this table starting with the lowest level (everything empty or zero) and only enter a non zero company, non empty enterprise unit, non empty department, if you really want to use the above described funcitonality.

Regards,
Michiel
Sponsored Links
Old 8th September 2008, 06:33

Hi Michiel,

Thanks your valuable advice, our company setup is single logistic and multi finance. As your instruction I have setup purchase invoice authorization for one user and try to approve purchase invoice but same error come.
Some purchase invoices status are matched and registered. I want to approved registered invoice with additional cost, reason is above invoice can’t match with purchase order (this invoice link purchase order match other purchase invoice). Actually we want to clear these invoices to system. Please give your kind attention for this matter.

Tanks in advance
Regards

Dinushi
Old 8th September 2008, 09:57

Leerkes is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanV, LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Hi there,

If you have an invoice related to orders and the full amount has been added as costs (through tfacp1133s000) and you made the amount unassigned zero, then you will be able to approve.
The error you were describing can only occur, if, for the user who approves, there is not enough tolerance to approve the costs, see session tfacp0150m000. And like I said in this scenario the department, enterprise unit and financial company should all be empty/zero. I just tried it myself and it works.

Regards,
Michiel
Old 9th September 2008, 07:29

Thumbs up

Hi Michiel,

Thank you very much, as your instruction; I have setup purchase invoice authorization for user with empty financial company, empty department & EU and approved purchase invoice, it’s worked.

Thanks & regards
Dinushi