There will be no one product that does all.
It looks like you are dealing with three different solutions here:
- A Quality Management system for testing the quality of your vendors and your manufacturing performance, etc.;
- A Data Collection System for reporting time and attendance as well as receipts in the warehouse and other warehousing transactions;
- A system that is more related to the Service & Maintenance business to handle RMA's, corrective maintenance, failure analysis, serial number tracking and revision control and tracking.
There may be even more needs and you have to understand that at the moment there is no one solution out there that does all in one package.
It will be helpful to make priorities between the systems you need and go from there.
Keeping things separated will help you a lot more and then you can see there are several options:
- For a Quality Management system you can take a look at the Quality Navigator from Cordys. This is the "old" Guardess product;
- For a DDC solution package there are actually more options. EPIC Data has more of a high end solution and then there is also a new solution available for b40c4 which is about 50% cheaper than EPIC. It is called Streamline.
- For the Service & Maintenance solution you can look at Wennsoft. Actually this is a Great Plains solution that has never been integrated to b40c4 before and that may be your biggest issue.
Another option is a new product from Cordys called Service Navigator. However, they just released the first version of this product and not all the features that you are looking for may be in this release. I know that very soon they are coming out with a new version that offers a lot more functionality and that will better suit you.
The advantage of using a Cordys Navigator (Quality and Service) is that it has an "out-of-the-box" integration with b40c4 using the Cordys WCP BAAN Application Connector. This BAC can be compared to the OpenWorld Adapter which BAAN Company is selling.
If you want I can send you more info regarding the Quality Navigator (for Quality Management), Streamline (for DDC) and Service Navigator (for the Service & Maintenance solution).
Hope this helps and I am sure there are many more good and affordable solutions out there.
However, you will have a difficult time finding these three solutions in one package and if you do you have to really determine if each of them is as robust as if you would purchase them separately.
Even if they would all be available in one package then you still would be implementing them one and a time any way.
This would also be your best approach for making the right priorities.