Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Archiving & Multisite

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
15%
200 - 500 GB
27%
500 - 800 GB
3%
800 - 1200 GB
9%
1200 - 1500 GB
12%
1500 - 2000 GB
12%
> 2000 GB
21%
Total votes: 33

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 14th September 2001, 19:37

Phil Thomas is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan V - DB: db2 - OS: AS/400
Configurations

We are implementing Baan 5.0c and have spent a lot of time looking at Multisite configuration.
I would be interested to know the various combinations of multisite configuration out there, and the problems/issues that have come up.
There are various options in the area of:
1. Single Logistic Company/Single Finance Company
2. Single Logistic/Multiple Finance
3. Multiple Logistic/Single Finance
4. Multiple Finance/Multiple Finance
If anyone has chosen 2,3 or 4 it would be interesting to see why.
Old 17th September 2001, 21:02

Baanboozeled is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3mcr - DB: Oracle 9.0.2 - OS: UNIX - Sun 2.8
Single Logistics/Multi Finance

Hi Phil
We are set up single logistic / multi finance. This is because we wanted to keep our customer/supplier masters and the GL structure, etc..., centralized at HQ. So, we have a centralized logical company that provides the master data for the subsidiary companies, and also handles all AP/ AR,and GL. There are several subsidiary companies that operate all over the world. These companies report their expenses in their own currency ( USD being the second currency), in their own GL. Then, we use a third party software ( Hyperion..) to show all companies, and to consolidate all financials for reporting purposes.
I heard that the best set up is multi / multi. I had this information from a Baan Education Trainer. He said that if offered the most flexibility and that you still could specify only one logical company if you wanted AND you could add another if/when it became necessary. The other single/ multi set up would make adding another logical company very complicated! I dont' know the details on that but, figured that his advice was worth remembering. Unfortunately, for my company, the single / multi set up had already been established. OH, we are running on Baan IV c3 mcr.

Last edited by Baanboozeled : 19th September 2001 at 18:14.
Old 18th September 2001, 19:02

Configurations

Thanks.
By the way, what version are you on?
We have gone for multi-logistic/multi-finance. The main reason for multi-logistic is because of different standard costs (we "sell" internally, and the standard cost of the buyer is the selling price of the seller). We also use Hyperion for consolidation.
One of the big problems we have is we operate our projects business via many geographical branches. We only have one f/l company for "all branches".We do not want to set these up as separate companies as this would make control/closing too difficult. Unfortunately that means we can't show cash flow, receivables and payables by branch. Anyone else had to deal with this issue?
Old 21st September 2001, 21:14

marcel is on a distinguished road
Smile multi-multi

Hi Phil:

I hope that for point 4 we can read multi logistic - multi financial OK??

The best way can be for you the multi-multi but take care with the taxes when you are invoicing inter company!!!!

Bien le Bonjour
Marcel
Sponsored Links
Old 25th September 2001, 19:04

Oui - c'est vrai
I meant multiple logistic/multiple finance.
What sort of problems do you get with tax (VAT I assume) ?
Old 25th September 2001, 20:07

marcel is on a distinguished road
Angry Taxes

Hi Phil:

I have been working as Implementation Consultant Leader in a multi site company in Mexico, with "IN THE FIRST IMPLEMENTATION STEP", several (5)legal manufacturing company and 2 HQ levels Group consolidation. Balance sheets by site was a requirement

First of all we define a multi financial multi logistical structure, every company (a BaaN Company by site, with 64k DSO comunication network) receiving (high volumes) goods directly from the suppliers and also sometimes intercompany.

Alls thanks God in the same currency.... but with different standard cost. (Use of EDI was not in implementations plans).

One of the head company consolidate those high volumes needs. Purchasing (local and US), reporting and making suppliers payments. That means Invoicing intercompany and an elimination of inter group transacions on consolidation process.

It´s seems good but in Mexico we have to pay (each month taxes provision) on each intercompany invoice . a lot of money...I don´t know if it´s the same every were!

For the time implementation succes a nightmare......

So we have to change all over warehousing and invoicing plan ....an other story...

A little exemple about ...TAXES PROBLEMS IN MULTI SITE CONFIGURATION

Bien le Bonjour
Marcel